Thursday 9 February 2017

Review: Defy by LJ shen

Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5)

Defy by L.J. Shen

Defy is a smutty, insta-love, insta-lust short novella. Defy is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1). It is recommended, but unnecessary, to read Defy before reading Vicious.

First included in Hot for Teacher Anthology: 19 Stories Filled with Lust and Love.

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.


Claire's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I think I can safely say that LJ Shen is becoming one of my 'go to' authors, especially when in a book funk as so far her books have managed to pull me out of them. I cannot get enough of her books at the moment, and after reading Vicious I couldn't wait to get my hands on Defy, and I wasn't left disappointed.

Defy is the prequel to Vicious and the story of how Jamie got together with his teacher, Melody Green which we hear about in Vicious. It is a great insight into Jamie and of course, we get to see lots more of the Hotholes! The Hotholes are just that....Hot and Arseholes, but at the same time you cant help but love them as well as hate them at the same time!

This was an amazing forbidden romance, between teacher and pupil and LJ Shen does an amazing job at playing out the story, and including everything it needs in a novella without the story feeling rushed or that parts were missed!

I truly cannot wait to see what the next book in series has in store!



Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Fab little novella about Jaime and Melody.

"It was wrong. It was wrong, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like how wrong it felt. Whether I was corrupting or being corrupted...I loved how it made me feel."


When Melody Greene's dreams of becoming a world class ballerina were shattered, she scuttled back home to her parents and ended up teaching English Lit in a high school - not just any high school, though - it's one packed with rich, privileged kids who don't seem to care too much about their education. Mel is not deterred, even though she's gets disheartened by these kids' attitudes, and soldiers on in a job she doesn't enjoy, working for a principal who seems to despise her. Underneath her prim, pencil skirts and sensible shoes is a gutsy, sassy woman who curses like a sailor.

In the meantime, she's been sexting with a guy she met through a dating site. Unbeknownst to her, he's actually one of her students - Jaime Followhill, one of the four infamous HotHoles, who rule the school.

"You talk back...you're cold and stubborn. Sad and snarky. I like your brand of weird. The whole package."


Jaime is the principal's son. He's had his eye on Ms Greene since she walked into his class. He's been pretty much stalking her via internet and in person. He can make her life hell....or show her a glimpse of heaven!

"I was a flower and he was a rare sunray, and we were drawn to each other, reluctantly, unwittingly, disastrously. Every cell in my body sizzled, begging for his touch."


Much to her discomfort, she's definitely noticed Jaime, but she knows that it's wrong to be ogling one of her students, who is also eight years her junior. However, an unfortunate accident finds Melody firmly under Jaime's thumb, which she finds is exactly where she wants to be.

This was a fab story, which answers a few questions from the novel, Vicious. It was sexy, alluring, exciting, and really quite sweet in places, as Jaime and Melody's intended fling turn into something deeper and enduring. Loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment