Saturday 7 September 2019

REVIEW: Jock Road by Sara Ney


46732845. sy475

Jock Road by Sara Ney



EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Those are Jackson Jennings, Jr’s three mantras . His entire life, he’s been a trained athlete with only one end-game: the Pro’s. No girls. No parties. No alcohol.

EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Repeat.

Every Friday night, Triple J cruises the strip on campus, bored, lonely and conditioned not to party. But the night he meets Charlotte Edmonds on the side of the road, he wonders if his three mantras will ever be enough.

BIG. DUMB. JOCK.

Charlie has no time for Jackson’s antics. Not when he’s stealing her food or teases her to no end, making her tingle in all the right places. But if she’s ever going to have a boyfriend, she’d choose one who isn’t a Neanderthal. One with manners and actual time to spend with her. Not a hulking man-child who cruises the strip at night, in his Big. Dumb. Truck.


Caroline's Review

✮✮✮✮✮

Oh, god, I loved this book!

"The twang is thick, and I love it. I hate him."

Jackson and Charlie were funny and so sparky together. Jackson was beautiful, buff, gauchely sweet and altogether adorable for someone who is a beast of a man-boy. Charlie was feisty and sassy, but I loved how she dealt with Jackson when he was being a jerk, and then later when he was against-stereotype clueless and awkward. I loved the irritable chemistry they had when things weren't friendly between them, and then later I just loved their chemistry. Period.

"If I were interested in women and dating, she would be exactly the type of girl I'd date: a little spitfire, full of passion and sass."

Things moved quickly between them but I loved how meeting Charlie made Jackson re-evaluate what was important to his happiness and his life, in general. I thought they were totally convincing and I just loved the intimate scenes between them. I thought they were well-written with sensitivity, plenty of humour, and plenty of heat! Such a fab story!!



Purchase Links


FREE in KU

No comments:

Post a Comment