Saturday 12 August 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Absinthe by Winter Renshaw


Absinthe by [Renshaw, Winter]


Absinthe by Winter Renshaw



The name on the screen was “Absinthe.”

I knew her as the sultry voice blowing up my phone for late night chats about Proust and Hemingway interspersed between the best phone sex I never knew I could have.

We’d never met.

Until the day she walked into my office, her cherry lips wrapped around a candy apple sucker and an all too familiar voice that said, “They said you wanted to see me, Principal Hawthorne?”




Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


"If things could be different, she could be mine. And we could be happy."

Absinthe and Kerouac connected on a dating app at the beginning of summer. Instant messages turn into emails, which turn into phone calls.

When Principal Ford Hawthorne calls Halston Kessler into his office, he's completely knocked for six by the familiar green eyes staring at him. Halston is his sexy Absinthe. Furthermore? She also recognises him.

"This woman - this young woman - is everything I never knew I wanted in another person everything I never knew was possible to have."

Ford is almost helpless against Halston's attempts to spend time with him. He risks his career and reputation every time he speaks to her.

One mistake on Halston's part has their secret exploding into the open and their connection is abruptly cut off.

"I spent so many years thinking we were the broken ones, but it was never us. It was always everyone else."

This was a fab read! I started it late at night and I just couldn't put it down, as it had great pace and great characters. I thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns that the story took.

Halston has real back bone, rising well above her troubled beginnings. I loved that she never gave up hope of finding Ford, again. Ford starts the story as a commitment-phobe. He has a messed up past, himself, but Halston really gets under his skin. He's a dirty-talking, good guy, and Halston is more than a match for him, in spite of their age difference.

A wonderful, sexy read with a great, satisfying ending.






No comments:

Post a Comment