Tuesday 16 April 2019

REVIEW: The Gathering by L.A. Fiore



Words like unnatural and impure started the whispers.

From the very beginning, Ivy Blackwood was different. She was only a child when she was accused of setting the fire, one she passively watched engulf the small house she had called home. Her fingertips burned and her hair singed. Some who watched her crossed themselves, convinced she was soulless for she showed no emotion at all. Calm and dispassionate, even when the screaming started that quickly turned to bellows of agony before dying into nothing but the roaring of the fire.

She was locked away where she couldn’t bring harm to herself or others. To all involved, they had protected the world from a monster, but sometimes things are not what they seem.

JULIE'S REVIEW ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I've taken a while to read The Gathering, partially because Paranormal is not my goto genre, and also because I was in a strange place, personally.

This was a very intriguing story, it makes you think on deeper levels.

I first thought I was not going to enjoy the story, but I really did.

I wasn't sure about Ivy at first, thinking we were going to have to deal with a troubled girl/lady but she was a badass, a great person. I loved that we got to experience a lot of her firsts right alongside her.

I liked that it was not just about Ivy, it was about all of them, Josiah, Delilah, Bain, Aire, they all played an interesting part for the bigger story.

The love of Ivy and Bain, getting her memories in the farm of her dreams, was a great way of weaving the story throughout, whilst getting to grips with the characters.

I've been pre-occupied with real life but enjoyed getting lost in another realm, living a different life for a while and with an interesting, twisting and turning story such as The Gathering.

I loved how the story weaved through with everyone pulling together for the battle of their lives, all the ends knitting together.

And the last page where we find out there's more to come...... Can't wait to see what story comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment