Thursday 9 January 2020

REVIEW: Ruthless Love by Penelope Bloom





Ruthless Love by Penelope Bloom


I’m the girl nobody sees.

That is, until I move next door to Parker High’s most eligible bastard, Tristan Blackwood.

He’s gorgeous. Eyes as cold as moonlight. Lips made for cruel kisses. The entire town knows it, too. Apparently being able to throw a football elevates you to god status around here.

He could have anything he wanted. Anyone.

But somehow, all he wanted was to torment me.

Me, trapped in my mom’s protective bubble: homeschooled and invisible, stuck in a wheelchair and saddled with more medical issues than I could count. Normal? I might as well wish to be a fairytale princess.

There aren’t any princesses or knights in my fairytale. Just the dark prince who lives next door. Parker High royalty in the flesh. My very own devil in a letterman jacket.

His life should be a dream, but the only thing he cares about is becoming my nightmare.

And when my pride isn’t enough for him, he decides he wants my body.

He wants my heart.

He wants every last inch of me to himself.




Caroline's Review
✮✮✮✮ 


A great read from a new-to-me author. Bad boy bully with secrets and a sheltered girl who's pretty naive but gutsy, and some intrigue thrown in.

"Even though she was such a small, frail thing and bound to a chair, there was a kind of energy to her."

Kennedy Stills has led a very sheltered life. She's in a wheelchair due to various medical conditions and also in hiding from a bad father. Her mother controls nearly every aspect of her life to keep her safe. However, when she puts herself in the path of Tristan Blackwood, there's very little anyone can do to help her. 

"You're mine to torment, Wheels. Not his. Not anyone else's. Mine."

Tristan Blackwood is the rich bad boy neighbour with a big secret. When he believes that Kennedy is in danger of discovering his secret, he aims to torment her and make her life hell in order to scare her into keeping her mouth shut. However, what starts out as a private campaign against her morphs into something unexpected, but Tristan's not sure what he really has to offer a girl like Kennedy. 

"She was like the only f*cking mirror in the world clear enough to show me what a piece of shit I was."

This was a great read! Tristan is such an a-hole but he had his reasons. He won me over with his little chinks of vulnerability, his thoughtfulness, his jealousy and possessiveness over Kennedy. Kennedy is hella brave! Considering how sheltered she is, she doesn't really lack in confidence. The only thing that made me want to shake her was the seemingly obvious clues to her condition, and what was really going on in her life were all staring her in the face. Nonetheless, I really liked the twists and turns in this story and the happy resolution for them both. An intriguing read that should keep you glued to the pages until the very end. 



Amazon UK

Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment