Saturday 12 November 2022

REVIEW: Moonlighting with the Werewolf by Cynthia Page







Moonlighting with the Werewolf 

by Cynthia Page



There’s a war waging, ripping my pack apart. As Alpha, it’s my job to protect them.

Even if I’m pumped full of silver bullets.

Unfortunately, the only answer to my dilemma is Dr. Kerrigan Ryan—the sexy new veterinarian who has no idea what she’s about to discover once she works on the wounded “dog” that shows up at her clinic after hours. It’s let her save me and out myself, or die from the silver invading my body.

When something odd starts happening to members of the pack, I’m forced to go to Kerrigan for help again. Every single thing about the woman brings out my inner beast, and before long, I’m fighting my own people over my involvement with her. I’ll do anything to save my pack, but when our enemy uses Kerrigan as a bargaining tool, I’m forced to make an impossible choice: the pack, or the woman I’ve declared as my mate.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟



I thoroughly enjoyed this story!

"His gaze raked down me, hungry and invasive, yet I craved the passion swimming in his eyes as they flashed gold."

Kerrigan Ryan is a veterinarian who has just moved to the backwoods town of Guadalupe Falls to make a new start - a town rumored to be a "total hotbed for paranormal activity". Business is slow until the night a giant injured wolf appears at her door. A wolf who turns into a fine specimen of a man when her back is turned. Although flabbergasted, she takes it in her stride.

"It'd been a long time since I felt such a strong flare of awareness, that crackling connection that demand I let my primitive side off the leash."

Conall Shaw is the alpha of his motley Bridgewater Pack, who puts his people before anything else. He's a tough leader who shows very little weakness because the last time he showed any weakness, he lost all his family, except one. The spitfire of a vet captivates him from the first, but she's human and unwelcome by his pack members, even as her medical skills helps them time and time again against an unseen enemy. However, what is he willing to sacrifice to keep his people safe?

"I wasn't sure when the tables had turned, but I'd tear the world apart for Kerrigan Ryan. My mate. My beloved."

I enjoyed the author's take on werewolves, the humour, the irresistible chemistry between Conall and Kerrigan and, ultimately, what Conall was willing to give up to be with his mate. Kerrigan was a little bit quirky, pragmatic, and had conviction in doing what was right in the face of hostility from a paranormal race of people. She was caring, empathetic and helpful. I really admired her. Conall was a true alpha. I enjoyed that even though he commanded respect, his closest friends were not afraid to question and challenge him. The fire between Kerrigan and him was hot and all-consuming. I loved their connection and flirtation, and I loved that he was vulnerable with her. I really felt the passion he had for her and my heart broke at the impossible choice he had to make. This was a fab read and an appearance at the end of the book will lead us into the next book, which I can't wait to read!


Purchase Links


Amazon US


Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment