Saturday 16 September 2017

REVIEW: 400 First Kisses by E L Todd


400 First Kisses by [Todd, E. L.]



400 First Kisses by E.L. Todd


The man I hate lives next door. 

He must have just moved in, even though I never saw the moving truck. 

He's just as arrogant as I remember, mowing the lawn without a shirt and grinning like an idiot. When he catches me staring at him through the window, he winks. 

So cocky. 

He flirts with me like he never broke my heart. 

And then he tells me something that I just can't believe. 

We're married.


Julie's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐


I have to say I went in totally blind, I didn't even read the synopsis. I didn't pick up what it was going to be about from the title or even from the strapline

I hate this man

Why did I marry him?

As with EL Todd's other works, whilst we get the two main characters, there are side stories with the other characters that are connected to the two main people - in this case they are sisters.

Bree wakes up and sort of relives the same day, she gets a new neighbour every day, who we actually learn is her ex-boyfriend, things didn't end well for them as a couple.

Over the first few chapters, we get to understand a little of what both Bree and Cypress are going through, certainly had a lot of deja vu going on - great idea for a story though.

I thought Cypress was a lovely man, after he had learnt the error of his ways, and he had more than earned his place beside Bree.

Amelia (Bree's sister) and Blade & Ace (Bree's business partners), although on the periphery, really did have very important roles to play, and they did a fantastic job.

Hard to begin to imagine how to deal with someone who has a severe case of amnesia, and we find out in a similar fashion to Bree, that she is in fact married to her neighbour.

Bree was quite a stubborn lady, and I felt that although she is still bitter about catching her man with somebody else, I think she will hopefully follow her own heart. She's living the same chapter every day, remembering the one thing that hurt her badly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Amelia & Ace, they seem to be really good with each other and for each other.

Looking forward to reading 325 First Fights, and am wondering if it's a continuation of Bree and Cypress, or it it focuses on Amelia & Ace, but we hopefully continue to see the progress of Bree and Cypress.





No comments:

Post a Comment