Sunday 24 September 2017

REVIEW: Dear Neighbor by River Laurent






Dear Neighbor by River Laurent


Here I am. One of only two residents left in an entire building block in Lower Manhattan. A developer has managed to buy out everyone else except me and the manwhore in the apartment next door. 

I say manwhore because:
1. He's the hottest thing I've seen on two legs. (it shouldn't be a reason but it kinda explains reason number two)
2. The screams of ecstasy coming from his apartment on a regular basis.

On the day I find out my boyfriend is a worthless, low-life cheating jerk, I get too drunk too care with my bestie and manage to lock myself out of my apartment. Then...I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I accidentally/purposely kissed the manwhore.

Turns out, sex on legs, six-foot and four inches of hard muscle is a hot-shot businessman who's used to getting what he wants, but I'm not going there. No way.

He's not going to make me scream. 

He's not getting into my bed, or my heart. 

Even if he is so outrageously irresistible...and he’s somehow become my fake boyfriend! 



Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐


Mimi lives in an apartment block where the only other resident in the building is the Sex God, next door, with his revolving door of women. Everyone else in the building has been bought out by a developer. She has no plans in this lifetime to sell her apartment - her last link to her beloved grandmother. 

"I touched her mouth. Something inside me broke. Hell, she had me on the hook."

Max knows that Mimi could spell trouble for him. One look at her and the alarms start sounding, so he's tried to give her a wide berth, as much as possible. However, when he finds her off-her-face drunk and keyless on the steps outside, he has no choice but to invite her into his apartment. The night ends up being a turning point in their acquaintance. 

"I stared at her and experienced a strange sensation. One I'd never had before. Possessiveness blazed inside me."

One cheating, jealous ex, one spontaneous lie, and one bet later, Max and Mimi find themselves in a fake relationship. However, fake is the last thing either of them feels.

I really enjoyed this sexy hot story. The chemistry and attraction between Max and Mimi were undeniable. I loved how much Max desired her and how quickly he started to feel possessive of her. When his secret is spectacularly revealed, he fights hard to win her over. Mimi is stoic in the face of Max's coldness, so his subsequent kindness and thoughtfulness catches her by surprise. She's not entirely sure what his motives are but his desire for her makes her feel beautiful. 

A fun, sexy read. 




No comments:

Post a Comment