Monday 23 October 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Move The Stars by Jessica Hawkins



Photographer: Perrywinkle Photography
Cover Design © R.B.A. Designs
Cover Model: Chase Williams


Move The Stars (Something in the Way, #3) by Jessica Hawkins


The highly anticipated conclusion to the Something in the Way series, a forbidden love saga.

Lake
It was a hot summer day when I met him on the construction site next to my parents' house. If I’d known then what I do now, would I have kept on walking? Manning was older, darker, experienced—and I’d trusted him when he said the story would only ever be about us. I’d held those words close and challenged fate, but I had lost.

A part of me is still that sixteen-year-old girl squinting up at Manning, but no matter how far I fall or high I soar, I’ll always be a bird without her bear and nothing without him.

Manning
When I close my eyes, I can no longer see her. The decisions I made were to push Lake in the right direction—away from me. But now that she’s gone, would I have made those same choices?

I’d walked away like I was supposed to. I’d kept my distance. I’d bent over backward to keep Lake pure, but she’s no longer that girl, and I don’t know if I can stay away anymore. I only know I don’t want to. She’s still everything I want and nothing I should ever have, but if anyone can move the stars, it’s her great bear in the sky.



Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book was everything! It was a beautiful, heart-wrenching, but fulfilling ending to this trilogy.

I've been anticipating this novel like no other. Manning and Lake's story has kept me gripped. Their history is so pitted with heartache and anguish, sacrifices and betrayal, the wonders of first love and seething desire, but also tiny, precious moments of joy and happiness. They're in such a tangled mess that you wonder how it will all come right. 

"Did Manning have a single clue how alone I'd felt since the day I'd met him and couldn't touch him? Did he understand the agony of knowing I'd never call him mine?"

The end of the last book left no hope for Manning and Lake. When they meet again, years have passed but their feelings are just as strong. When Manning realises that all his noble reasons for leaving Lake alone have not yielded the life he'd envisioned for her, he finally understands that only he can make her happy. 

"The longer I was in her presence, the more certain I was I had only one option left - tilt the universe until she fell into my arms."

Their path to happy-ever-after is so rocky and strewn with obstacles, I almost despaired that things would ever come right - and questioned if they were truly destined for one another. However, no matter how much my heart ached for them, I just couldn't put this book down until I reached their most sought-after and wonderful conclusion. 

"Once we jumped off this cliff, there was no coming back for either of us. We might fly, we might hit the ground, but once it was done, things could never go back to what they were for anyone involved."

The author has taken us on such an amazing and angst-ridden journey. There were times when my hopes were high, only to be totally gutted by unwelcome surprises. 

"How can I be in love with anyone when you exist?"

Such a beautiful story and absolutely thoroughly recommend this trilogy.











Google Play ➜ http://bit.ly/mtsplay


Goodreads ➜ http://bit.ly/movetsgr

Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/2xeA7FQ

Audiobook (coming 2017) ➜ http://bit.ly/audionewrelease





No comments:

Post a Comment