Saturday 2 December 2017

REVIEW: Anything But Minor by Kate Stewart






Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart


“She’s a nerd.”
“Heyyyy!”
“Okay, she’s a flight instructor.”
“Better.”
“He’s a ballplayer.”
“The best that ever was.”
“Technically, you aren’t according to MLB stats.”
“See? Total nerd. She also has no filter.”
“He’s no southern gentlemen.”
“I had one last season to prove my worth.”
“I’d never seen a game.”
“He told me he was a player.”
“She told me she was a lesbian.” 
“But you fell in love with me anyway.”
“Yeah, baby, I totally did.” 




Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Absolutely ADORED this story! This is my first read by this author and can't wait to read more of her books.

"I thought you were one of those bone-headed, stupid athletes who only cared about baseball and women. But I have a feeling you're worth knowing."

Alice Boyd arrives in Charleston looking to make every day the best day of her life. After escaping her controlling mother and her grey insular existence, she's looking to experience all that life has to offer. A trip to her first ever baseball game results in her making a new friend, and also catching the eye of one of the biggest players in town.

"The woman was tiny but had just the right amount of everything...including the sexiest brown eyes I'd ever seen. But it was the fire in them that I wanted to feed off of."

Rafe Hembrey lives and breathes baseball. On the cusp of promotion from the minor to the major league, he is completely focused on his career and can't afford any distractions. He can have any woman he wants. Blessed with talent and gorgeous looks, he's not used to anyone turning him down. Until Alice. Beautiful, smart, innocent Alice with her zest for life, her genuine goodness, and her unfiltered honesty. But she keeps him at arm's length - in the friend zone - in spite of the chemistry between them.

"We were never meant to be friends."

In a heated moment, Rafe steps over the friendship line and takes them into uncharted territory, where he starts to question everything he wants, as well as everything he never thought he needed. 

"Being inside her had set my soul on fire. I couldn't remember the last time a woman had quenched my thirst. And this woman...this woman was everything. "

This book was such a fun, amusing and sexy read. Alice was adorable! So earnest and adventurous, I loved her curiosity about the world and her love of Google and random facts - she is a girl after my own heart! And, Rafe! He was gorgeous and cheeky, and I just loved how his desire for Alice was palpable. I loved how much he wanted and needed her; how deeply she affected him.

I totally devoured this book! It had all the ingredients I love in a story - quirky, girl-nerd; cocky ball player; push-and-pull chemistry; fabulous humour and banter; and even a firm tug or two on the old heartstrings. Thoroughly recommend! 



Amazon UK
Amazon US








No comments:

Post a Comment