Friday 22 December 2017

REVIEW: It's Complicated by Missy Johnson






It's Complicated by Missy Johnson


They call him the Anaconda, and I'm pretty sure it isn’t because he likes snakes. 

Nick Jenson is my neighbor. My hot, oh-so-sexy, very-well-equipped neighbor that I’d spend hours watching from the safety of my bedroom window. 

I saw lots of things I probably shouldn’t have. Sometimes I’d touch myself, imagining it were his hands roaming over my body instead of my own. I had just one mission—to find out if the rumors were true. 

Then one day, he caught me watching him. 

I was mortified. I was prepared to quit college, move to another country, and live the rest of my life saying, “Nick who?” But, apparently, life had other ideas. 

Because Nick? Well, he isn’t just my neighbor … He’s also my father’s best friend. If I thought things were difficult before, they were about to get a whole lot more complicated. 

Oh, and those rumors? Holy fuck, were they true …




Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was a lightweight, sexy read.

"He runs the towel over his body, drying himself off, and when he gets to his package, he...Oh God, he's stroking it."

Anna is twenty-two, studying architecture at college, lives with her dad. She's also gorgeous but kinda klutzy. She's also crushing on the guy next door and, one night, she inadvertently spies on him and gets a real eyeful!


"The thought of her watching me like that and seeing me naked makes me think things I probably shouldn't be thinking."

Nick is the thirty-something, single-dad neighbour. He's a widower of two years, with two kids. He's back on the dating scene and there are hot rumours about what he's packing in his pants. He's starting to have inappropriate thoughts about the young woman next door. Inappropriate because he's known her since she was a teenager. And, also because her dad is his best friend.

"I like you, Anna. I think you know that and I think you know that I'm not the kind of guy who is into flings either."

This was a humorous read and when Anna's dad unwittingly throws them together, well, things turn decidedly sexy. Poor Anna! She's so funny. She's all kinds of awkward when it comes to Nick, but I loved her bravado. Nick is a fab dad and also a really decent guy. I loved that he wasn't just messing around with Anna and her feelings, and that he really wanted to be her and fought for her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment