Monday 6 August 2018

REVIEW: The Chase by Elle Kennedy









Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.




Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



ADORED this book! It's exactly my cup of tea! 

"I pretend that my life is a beautiful Victorian house and hope that nobody peers close enough to see the cracks in my facade."

Summer Heyward-Di Laurentis is about to start at Briar U after being kicked out from another college. She has issues but puts up a good front to stave off any pity or condescension from other people. When her living arrangements don't pan out, she finds herself sharing a house with three of her brother's old hockey teammates. One of them is her crush, Colin Fitzgerald, and another one is the guy she made out with in a fit of pique. Things are a bit awkward to say the least, and never mind the tangible attraction between her and Fitz.

"I call this the Summer Dilemma - the frustrating polar reactions this green-eyed, golden-haired goddess sparks in me. F*ck yes and hell no."

Colin Fitzgerald is not your usual jock. His tattoos, sexy looks and badass skills on the ice belie the loner, artistic nerd he truly is. He's massively attracted to Summer, yet keeps himself distant from her. Aside from the fact that she's his friend's sister, there's also the obvious differences between them - she's a rich, social butterfly who attracts drama everywhere she goes. He shies away from the limelight and prefers to live a much quieter, unobtrusive life. When she moves in, the living arrangements test his restraint. 

"One day you're calling us best friends, the next you're standing in front of me looking like you want my dick in your mouth."

Gah! ADORED this story! It has all my favourite elements for a fab, slightly angsty, super sexy read. After a rocky start, Fitz and Summer find a happy medium but, seriously, these two have such amazing chemistry and have more in common than they realise. Their first kiss was so HAWT! Summer is hugely self-aware and I really felt for her and her difficulties.

"Clearly I don't possess any control when it comes to Summer. She makes me do the most uncharacteristic things."

Fitz is something of a mess! LOL. He kept putting his foot in it and I just loved how he manned up eventually and claimed Summer as his. He had his share of insecurities and it was kinda adorable - his true nature was so opposite to how he looked. I loved how Summer twisted him up and made him act out of character. 

Such a fabulous novel and, truly, I can't wait for the next book. I can already feel that it's going to be a doozy! 


PURCHASE LINKS







No comments:

Post a Comment