Tuesday 28 August 2018

REVIEW: The Earl of London by Louise Bay








I believe in love. It just doesn’t believe in me.

I date. I’m all for giving guys a chance. I’ve just never met the one.

Until on a spring morning in the English countryside, a tall, dark stranger emerges from the mist. Logan Steele is all tousled hair, hard chest and lips so perfect I want to reach out and touch them just to check they’re real. I’m sure that’s a thunderclap of chemistry I feel between us.

Did I mention he’s an Earl with a self-made fortune?

A billionaire who works tirelessly for charity?

And he’s so hot, watching him is like staring at the sun.

But like I said, love isn’t rooting for me.

When I find out Logan Steele is out to destroy everything I’ve dedicated my life to protect, the chemistry disappears and the hope that had blossomed my chest turns to rage.

It no longer matters that he quickens my pulse just saying my name, weakens my knees with a single touch and that he might just be the greatest kisser that ever lived.

I might believe in love but Logan Steele is definitely not the one.



Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


I loved that it went straight into the story from the very first chapter.

“I couldn’t deny it any longer—I liked him. Even if my mind tried to deny it, my body betrayed me. I had a growing crush on the man sitting in front of me.”

Darcy loves her life at her family estate, Woolton. She wished she could find a man who sparked her interest and passion just as much. When the stranger she bumps into turns out to be the new owner of the estate next door, she's disappointed by what she later finds out about him. She's especially disgusted by his plans for the land. In truth, Logan was the opposite of what she normally wanted in a man. However, he seems determined to pursue her and keep his business life separate and, soon, Darcy is finding her heart and her mind at war with each other.

"She was all fire on the outside and cool breeze on the inside, and I wanted to dive in and experience it all."

Logan sees himself as a straight shooter. He's never been bothered by what people think of him and he's always had one particular goal in mind. When he meets Darcy, he surprises himself by how much he likes her, since she was the opposite of what he normally wanted in a woman. 

Unfortunately, they end up being at loggerheads over his latest project, and he finds himself bending in ways he never expected.

"It hadn’t been an ordinary kiss. It was the kind you carried with you your whole life, trying to find another that lived up to such promise."

I ADORED this story! The chemistry between Darcy and Logan was sizzling! I loved the push and pull of their attraction. She was fiesty, impassioned and candid, with a really good heart. I loved the way Logan flirted with her and just how much he really wanted to be with her, in spite of their differences.

Darcy was really passionate about her ancestral home as well as the village, striving to preserve their way of life. However, we question whether she’s hanging on so hard to it because it was what grounded her and made her happy when she was younger, when her family situation changed.

Logan’s public persona is so different to how he is really. His fiery passion for success and his love for his grandmother, and appreciation of all her sacrifices so he could have a good upbringing made me admire him so much. He’s actually quite humble underneath his cocky, driven façade. I thoroughly enjoyed how enamoured he was with Darcy, and how refreshing he found her. I totally adored him!

This was such a brilliant read. It was amusing, sexy and gave me butterflies! 





B&N: http://bit.ly/2BSDmWA


Prefer to Listen? Get The Earl Of London on Audio -->




No comments:

Post a Comment