Friday 12 October 2018

REVIEW: Once Upon a Wild Fling by Lauren Blakely










My brother's best friend has a proposition for me. Have I mentioned he's a sexy single dad? Tell me more... 

There are a million reasons why Miles Hart isn't the man I should date but allow me to enumerate the top three. He's friends with my brother, he's a single dad, and he's a sexy, in-demand rock star. He might as well wear an off-limits, totally unavailable, and don't-even-attempt-to-ride-this-ride sign. 
Then he asks me to be his plus-one when his band plays at his high school reunion, and the night unfolds in ways I never expect. 

*** 

I have three good reasons to keep my hands off Roxy Sterling--her brother's my business manager and good buddy, my kid is the center of my world, and the last time I fell hard for a woman I was burned so badly that my interest in relationships has gone up in flames. But once I bring Roxy's body next to mine on the dance floor, I want all the not-safe-for-work things I can't have with her. So I make a proposition.

Then I learn exactly how risky we might be.


Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Every moment of this novel was a delight!

"It's not that I think my buddy's sister is a babe. It's that I think she's a total babe."

Miles Hart is a single dad with an adorable little boy. The first time he met Roxy Sterling, he totally wanted her, but she's his friend's sister. There's a spark between them that ignites into something more fiery and irresistible when Roxy goes along to Miles' high school reunion as his date. Unfortunately, he's commitment-shy and she's not a one-night stand type of girl.

"All these months, all this time, Miles hasn't been my plus-one. He's been the man by my side, and I've been falling in love with him."

When Miles puts a proposition to her, Roxy is happy to go along with it. However, when their mutual lust blossoms into something more, something that neither of them knows how to deal with properly, it sometimes takes a child's innocent point of view to put things into perspective!

"Your dreams are my dreams. Let's make new dreams together."

I've absolutely adored the Hart brothers and this novel was a fine conclusion to the series. Miles is gorgeous and swoony. Roxy is sassy and independent. Ben is so cute and smart, and is like an earnest little old man sometimes. LOL. 

As with all her romcoms, this novel had the author's sparkling trademark repartee, a ton of sexiness oozing from the pages, fun and heartwarming familial banter, low angst, and lots of romance. Thoroughly recommend! 



✦ Kindle ➜ https://amzn.to/2Ixe67K
✦ iBooks ➜ blkly.pub/iAWildFling
✦ Google Play ➜ blkly.pub/AWildFling-gp
✦ Paperback ➜ mybook.to/AWildFling-pb
✦ Audible ➜ https://adbl.co/2NRTihn
✦ Goodreads ➜ blkly.pub/AWildFling-gr

No comments:

Post a Comment