Thursday 29 November 2018

REVIEW: A Winter Kiss on Rochester Mews by Annie Darling



Tis the season to be jolly! But on Rochester Mews, two unlikely lovebirds are struggling to find their festive cheer.

Star baker Mattie has hated Christmas ever since she had her heart broken on Christmas Eve. The only thing she hates more is the insufferable Tom, who has rubbed her up the wrong way since she started running the tearoom next door to his bookshop. So when Mattie and Tom are left in charge in the frantic festive days before Christmas, it might be cold outside but things are sure to heat up.


Can a bookshop full of romantic novels, a life-sized reindeer and a mistletoe kissing booth persuade two scrooges to fall in love with Christmas… and each other?

Claire's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Whenever I hear that there is another book in this series I get so excited! I cant express enough how much I adore these characters and A Winter Kiss is no exception to that.

A Winters Kiss is Mattie's story. Mattie runs the cafe located with the bookshop and Tom who works in the book shop along with the other characters we have met in previous books (Posy, Verity, Nina etc). When Verity decides to move out of the flat above the bookshop, Tom and Mattie go head to head to convince Posy that they should be able to move in, with the ending resulting in them becoming flat mates.

I just love love love all these characters and I love seeing how they all progress with each book! Posy now pregnant and Nin and Verity settling down (if you can really call it settling down), yet the bookshop still running along nicely.

Although we have met Tom plenty of times in previous books, I never felt that I really knew his character very well and so this was a great book to solve that.

This book has really made christmas for me this year! I never read christmas books before december but made an exception for this one as I was so excited for it and I am so glad I did!

This book is part of a series, however would be perfectly ok to be read as a standalone with no confusion. I would however, reccomend that all books are read to really get to know all of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment