Thursday 15 November 2018

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Buried by Brenda Rothert

41484561





Do you believe in fate?

I didn’t. I’d worked since childhood to become an NFL starting quarterback. All the blood, sweat, and tears were about to pay off with my name in the record books. Setting an NFL record was going to be the crowning achievement of my career. Hell, of my life.

But then fate, the cagey bitch, threw me a curveball I never saw coming. I ended up trapped in a doomsday bunker with four strangers, my chances at that record slipping away as days turned into months.

I never would’ve given Erin a second look. She was gorgeous, sure, but not my type. I liked women who were strong. Fearless. Resilient. Not to mention that she hated me.

But I was so wrong about her. And in that bunker, I fell in crazy, stupid love. 

I thought a record would be my greatest triumph. But now, all I want is a shot with Erin. I’ve faced down massive linebackers intent on ending me. For her, I’ll go toe-to-toe with fate.




Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was an amazing book based on a unique premise, exploring human strength in the face of adversity, and relationships at close quarters.

"With Derek, I laughed until I snorted, cried, and shared my deepest anxieties. He saw me - and liked me - in all my completely unshaven glory."

Erin Morrison works for her beloved uncle's farm and she's been tasked to make a huge delivery to a lucrative customer. She never expects the events that follow. Events that will test her strength, her fears, and her heart.

"Erin is the woman I never expected to find and never plan to let go."

Derek Heaton has a surprise for his father, however, the last thing he expects is to be trapped in a gift of his own making. What follows makes him question his life, his goals and his priorities.

This was a SUCH a fabulous and unique story. It was filled with tension, heartbreak and self-discovery. It explored human relationships when five people are forced into each other's company at close quarters. It also tests human will and strength in an unchanging environment and when hope begins to wither.

This story was so compelling, sexy, heartfelt and life-affirming. I can't recommend it enough!








No comments:

Post a Comment