Friday 19 November 2021

REVIEW: Betrayed by Jolie Vines



Title: Betrayed
Author: Jolie Vines
Series: Wild Mountain Scots #4
Release Date 18 November 2021




Blurb


He swore he’d never love again. She’s on a mission to make him.

Lia
I wasn’t always the strongest woman, but I’d do anything for my child. Including chasing down the man who rejected her before she was even born.
I won’t accept his lies that he didn’t know about her.
For that to be true, it means someone betrayed us both.
One thing is for certain. Max and I are broken beyond repair. He'll never care for me again, but I’ll make him love our daughter.

Max
Two years ago, my heart was shredded. My girlfriend left me, then slept with my twin brother to seal the F-you deal.
I hated him for it.
Despised her.
But now she’s back with a red-haired baby she claims is mine. And outright denial that she even met my brother.
My darkest, secret hope, that she mistook him for me, could actually be real.
But a greater truth needs revealing. Whether I’m the bairn’s father, or uncle.
--
Betrayed is an enemies-to-lovers, secret baby, slow burn romance, with an adorable little lass in the middle of it. Trust me on that storyline, I’d never let you down.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


This author goes from strength to strength! This was another amazing, heartfelt, sexy read with a touch of suspense.

"Go to bed because neither of us are ready for all the things I want to do to ye."

Max McRae is shocked to see his old love and learn that he has a daughter. His connection with the adorable little girl is tempered by the painful doubt over her paternity. Added to this is his prickly relationship with the mother, Lia Rothschild, but the more time they spend together, the more they uncover the truth of the past, and dare to hope that they might have a future together.

"Something powerful was building between us. It had been from the day we met and had only gone on pause the years we were apart."

This was a superb story! It was fabulous following Max and Lia as they untangled their versions of the truth and arrive at to a shocking realisation. I loved their passion and their courage in going for what they wanted. They were so natural together and in turn with one another. My heart completely melted as Max bonded with his little girl. They were adorable together! I was also titillated by the suspense element and trying to guess at the mystery involved. This author really knows how to deliver a story with unique storylines, and I'm already impatient for her next release!









Pick up Betrayed now!
mybook.to/BetrayedScot

No comments:

Post a Comment