Friday 20 July 2018

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: CHURCH. by Stylo Fantôme




Title: CHURCH.
Series: Church Duet #1
Author: Stylo Fantôme
Genre: Dark Romance
Release Date: July 20, 2018



Blurb

A broken girl.

An unusual boy.

A beautiful face that hides a dark secret and an ugly past.

Sealed lips which hide wicked words and dangerous thoughts.

She would kill for him to love her.

He just wants to kill.

Maybe, if Emma Hartley prays hard enough, Church Logan can make both their wishes come true.

Fuse, meet match. 


Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



OMG! This is the darkest story I've read in a while, and it was wholly riveting. 

"He glanced at her and she sucked in a quick breath of air. He was so intense, she was afraid he'd steal her breath away."

Emma just wants to be loved. She's so broken and damaged, existing day to day with one goal in mind - get through college and then get as far away from her mother as possible. However, when she meets her stepbrother, her game plan gets derailed and replaced by something much darker and compelling.

"It's like she can just look at me - just look - and know me. Know me, and not be afraid of me."

Church is a genius oddity and rarely speaks, yet Emma seems to 'hear' him. He has his own plans and beautiful, broken Emma is the perfect tool to implement them. However, as time passes, Emma manages to crack through his emotionless barrier and makes him question everything.

"The universe doesn't deliver a man like Church without consequences. I just didn't realize I'd have to pay up so soon."

This was such a twisted novel about obsession, desire, despair and revenge. Both Emma and Church each have an ugly past but the one beautiful thing I found about this story is the gradual breaking down of Church. His feelings for Emma are so alien to him and I loved the power they had over him to influence his decisions. He was a complete enigma with a ton of secrets. Emma was such a needy person - her beauty belied the ugliness in her life. I felt so sorry for everything she'd been through. She was intrinsically a strong person but desperation for validation.

The story was told in the third person with a few chapters told from first POV. It made for a fantastic read and I'm desperate for the next instalment!






Purchase Links

99c for release week only!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio


Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment