Wednesday 4 December 2019

REVIEW: Burnout by Coralee June




Burnout by Coralee June

Maybe if we met at another time—another life—he could’ve been mine.

Maybe if I were older. Maybe if he wasn’t my brother’s best friend. Maybe if he wasn’t my teacher.

Maybe.
Maybe.
Maybe.

Having my dirty little secret living down the hall had me obsessing over alternate endings and happily ever afters. I’d never wanted someone so badly, but his hot and cold behavior was giving me emotional whiplash. In the classroom, he practically ignored me. But here? In my brother’s loft? It felt like we were a thick rubber band, pulled so tight we’d snap.

Falling for Decker Harris made me realize that life wasn’t as serendipitous as everyone liked to think. We weren’t just a collection of maybes thrust into the world with hope and good intentions. Everything started with a choice, and somewhere between grief and redemption, I chose to make him mine. 


Caroline's Review

✮✮✮✮✮


5 tell-me-a-truth stars! OMG!! Lurrrrved this forbidden romance. 

"He made me feel like a question he wanted the answer to."

Blakely Stewart is just eighteen and about to enter her senior year at high school. After the death of her mother, she's come to live with her recently discovered half-brother, Lance. She's unsure and tentative about this arrangement, and when a sexy-as-sin but scowling stranger meets her at her brother's apartment, she really questions her decision. 

"There was more between us. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but we were like a chemical reaction boiling over in one of these beakers."

Decker Harris was ready to warn off the young woman who has come to live with his best friend. There's no way he'd let anyone take advantageous of his big-hearted friend. However, he's pretty much blindsided by his attraction to the beautiful girl who turns up and, as he gets to know her, not only is he fighting the physical attraction between them, but he also has to fight to keep his heart safe.

"We stood there like statues, poised in the nothingness of our promises while aching to leap into something."

This was such an exciting and riveting read! I love a forbidden romance, especially where the chemistry and connection between the two main characters is absolutely sizzling! Blakely has an old head on young shoulders and she struggles to trust. I loved how Decker drew her truths out of her and became a confidant of sorts for her. Decker himself is sweetly protective of his childhood friend but I loved how obsessed he became with Blakely - she was a puzzle he wanted to solve. The age difference between wasn't massive but their circumstances dictated that if they were found out, there'd be hell to pay! Totally loved this hot, angsty, gorgeous read! 


Purchase Link








No comments:

Post a Comment