Sunday 29 December 2019

REVIEW: Untouchable by Sam Mariano





Untouchable by Sam Mariano



The bully isn't supposed to win.

Senior year was off to a rough start: lube in my locker, panties on my front porch, unimaginative name-calling. See, I got a player suspended from the football team for harassing me, and in my small Texas town, you don’t mess with the football players—even if they mess with you first.

I didn’t care if it was an unpopular thing to do; I stood up for myself… and in doing so, opened Pandora’s Box.

I never dreamed I would attract the attention of locally worshipped star quarterback, Carter Mahoney. Never imagined his coveted attention would turn out to be such a nightmare. Beneath his carefully constructed façade lurks a monster, a predator looking for the perfect prey to play with. Now, since I’m the girl no one likes or believes, I guess I’m the perfect target for his dark games and twisted desires.

After surviving my first encounter with his casual depravity, all I really want is for Carter to leave me alone.

But all he seems to want is me.


Warning: This book is provocative. It is categorized as DARK ROMANCE for a reason. It will not be for everyone. If you are a reader with certain triggers or sensitivities common to the dark romance genre, please heed the author’s note at the beginning of this book. 



Caroline's Review

✮✮✮✮✮


Good god! This book!! I couldn’t put it down. It was dark, frustrating, incredibly compelling, and hot as hell. I loved it!!

"If you're looking for a Prince Charming and I'm your best shot, you are in a truly dire situation."

Honestly, no woman in her right mind would want to be with Carter Mahoney but he's an unstoppable force. He's like an act of God that cannot be held back - a devastating hurricane, a catastrophic flood, a ravaging fire. I kid you not!! He is an alpha of the first degree - at only 18, too! The power and influence he holds is astonishing and not a little bit frightening.

"I can make you do a lot of things, but I can't make you trust me. That, you have to give me."

Zoey Ellis is a worthy opponent. She's a remarkable young woman who walks her own path. She's a prodigiously strong, smart character and I completely admired her spunk.

This was a roller-coaster of a story, as we follow Zoey and Carter from the dark and disturbing beginning of their relationship, and journey through their battle of wills and uncover the true Carter beneath his untouchable façade. I loved how their relationship developed - the truth and honesty between them, and the sheer fortitude that Zoey exhibits. I loved seeing the tiny chinks of vulnerability beneath Carter's immoral and arrogant exterior. Told from Zoey's POV, it's actually very clear to the reader that in spite of Zoey's doubts, fears and mistrust of Carter, he is fully invested in her and a future together. 

If you're looking for a bully romance with a strong heroine, a bulldozer of an alpha, and plenty of stark sexuality and raw honesty, this is the book for you! 



Amazon UK

Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment