Saturday 9 January 2021

REVIEW BLITZ: The Fourth Time Charm by Maya Hughes




NOW LIVE
Amazon Exclusive https://mybook.to/TFTC
Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited




ABOUT 


“Are you sleeping with my daughter?” 

Not the question I wanted to hear from my coach. The man holding my pro future in the palm of his hand. 

The answer: No, sir.

The real answer: I’d sure as hell like to be.

Marisa’s been my best friend since third grade. And now she needs my help--and a place to stay. Senior year was supposed to be the year to keep some distance until the season finished and my draft prospects were safe. 

But resisting her is becoming impossible. Movie Thursdays under the blankets. Study sessions on my bed. Wild party nights where I kept any guy interested at bay with a single glare. 

Her dad can bench my ass for the entire season, so she’s off limits--for now. 

She’s the only woman I’ve ever loved. And one heated night, I can’t stop fighting every cell in my body and can’t stop myself from sampling her sexy smile, her sweet smell, and her sultry curves. 

We’re walking a tightrope with my future on the line. Let’s just make sure Coach doesn’t find out...

Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2


4.5 stars - angsty, sexy story!

"Having her this close for the past few weeks and having to keep myself under control had been one of the hardest things I'd ever done."

LJ Lewis has been in love with his best friend, Marisa, since they were teenagers but she's made it clear that she didn't want anything more with him. He is focused on making sure he has a shot at the NFL so that he can provide for his family. However, his friendship with Marisa is having an adverse effect on his field time because his coach is his best friend's father.

"He's my friend. My best friend. The best friend anyone could ask for."

Marisa Saunders hates her father but she puts up with Monday night dinners because she doesn't want to be apart from LJ. She's been in love with him since they were teenagers but he's made it clear that he doesn't want anything more with her. When circumstances forces her to room with LJ, things are suddenly moving in a direction that neither had dared to dream about. However, their budding relationship is not that easy to navigate and also raises questions about their diverging futures.

"Every taste was always too short and left me starving for more. She stole my restraint and my breath away."

I thoroughly enjoyed LJ and Marisa's story. I loved their friendship, although for such an easy friendship, they certainly made things complicated for themselves. They were sweet, hot and funny together. They both had worries to deal with and Marisa certainly carried a lot of past hurt around that prevented her from seeing how much LJ truly loved her. I've gotta say that I adored LJ - he was a total sweetheart with such a good, caring heart. This was a fab addition to the series and I'm really hoping we'll see Keyton's story next!


Enter Goodreads Paperback Giveaway






ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FULTON U SERIES



#1 The Perfect First, #2 The Second We Met & #3 The Third Best Thing


Visit Amazon for eBook, Paperback and Audiobook: http://bit.ly/FultonU

Read for Free with Kindle Unlimited 


AUTHOR BIO

Maya Hughes, that's me!, can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I'm a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.

I love writing stories that capture the possibilities of the paths less travelled and enjoy experiencing life through my characters’ eyes.

I'm the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can't breathe, traveling with my family and Jeff Goldblum. 


AUTHOR LINKS









No comments:

Post a Comment