Saturday 30 January 2021

REVIEW: Obsessed by Jolie Vines



Title: Obsessed
Series: Wild Mountain Scots, #1
Author: Jolie Vine
Release Date: 28 January 2021


BLURB


He's the leader of the mountain rescue service. She might just need saving.

Lochie

For too long, I've been alone. Just me and my daughter. Keeping her safe is everything, so taking a job in the remote Scottish Highlands suits us fine.

I shouldn't need anything more.

Yet I'm beyond distracted by a lass.

Smart, beautiful, and living right next door, Cait McRae makes it clear she's not interested. Every sly glance tells another story.

It's all I can do not to throw her over my shoulder and take her home.

Cait might claim she only wants to explore the physical, but I know she's wrong.

She's mine.

If the people pursuing us both don't destroy what we've found.



Cait

I always knew I was different. No one ever caught my eye.

Until a huge, scowling man moves in next door. He's the new head of the mountain rescue service, and a single dad to a sweet little girl.

Turns out, I'm a late bloomer, as all I can think about is Lochie.

But someone else wants me.

A series of strange events point to one conclusion. I have a stalker, and the danger I'm in is only just starting.

--

The Wild Mountain Scots series follows on from the Wild Scots series with more of your favourite McRaes. Meet the brooding, tough, protective men of the mountain rescue and the beautiful women who tame their hearts.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Brilliant read - thrilling, sexy, romantic and suspenseful. Each time this author releases a new book, the hero becomes my favourite! So, it’s just easier to say that ALL her heroes are my favourites! LOL

”A few days ago, I found myself stuck staring at a man chopping wood, half naked. He was beautiful, and I think it woke something in me.”

Caitriona McRae has never felt a connection with anyone, until the moody and gruff Lochinvar Ross and his little girl, Isla, move in next door to her. Initially, he doesn’t make a good impression on her and vice versa, but there’s no denying the sizzling connection between them. Lochie sparks something in her that has lain dormant all her life and, in turn, he’s never experienced a desire for a woman like his desire for Cait. However, Cait is dealing with a possible stalker and Lochie is keeping secrets close to his chest and has plans to move on after his contract is done.

”Bathed as I was in Cait’s company, her scent, and her half-amused look, my surge of need eclipsed all reason.”

God, the intensity between Lochie and Cait was absolutely riveting! There’s a darkness and naughtiness between them that revs their engines something fierce and had my heart pounding. I loved Cait’s voyage of sexual discovery and Lochie’s thoughtfulness of her, even as he indulged his need for her. I also loved the element of mystery and danger. And, his words! Who knew such a rough and tough mountain man could be so flippin' romantic and swoony! It added another whole thrilling dimension to the story. This was such a well-written story, as always, from an author who goes from strength to strength. I adore the family dynamics and her heroes are always to die for! Thoroughly recommend!

Purchase Link: mybook.to/ObsessedScot

No comments:

Post a Comment