Tuesday 26 October 2021

REVIEW: Riggs by Sawyer Bennett





Title: Riggs
Series: Arizona Vengence #11
Author: Sawyer Bennett
Release Date: 25 October 2021



Blurb


Known as the team loner, Riggs Nadeau gives his all on the ice, but nothing extra off it. A beautiful stranger is about to cause chaos in his very structured world.

As a professional hockey player, people think I live a charmed life. On the surface, I do. But they don’t know the horrors of my childhood, or the real reason that I have custody of my seventeen-year-old sister, Janelle. And that’s exactly the way I like it. They may think I’m a prick because I don’t like to share, but that’s fine. They don’t know me, and they don’t need to.

In an effort to help Janelle get settled in Phoenix and stay out of trouble at school, I set her up with a job at Clarke’s Corner, the local bookstore owned by the girlfriend of a teammate. It’s there that she makes friends with Veronica Woodley, the extremely annoying, arrogant, money-hungry divorcee who I don’t want anywhere near my sister. Janelle insists I’m completely wrong about Veronica, but I refuse to accept that. I have to keep reminding myself that that the gorgeous blond with legs for days is off limits.

Through a series of events, I start to see Veronica for what she really is—an amazing woman who has survived her own hell to come out even stronger. I have to admit, we’re more alike than not and the attraction between us burns hot.

Maybe I was all wrong about my ability to love and commit, but when the past comes back to haunt me, can I be the man that Veronica, and Janelle, deserve?



Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Awesome read!! Tense, sexy and heart-melting!

”I’m not sure why that woman rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, but it’s piqued my interest enough to find out the answers.”

Riggs Nadeau is struggling somewhat. He rescued his sister, Janelle, from a bad situation and has guardianship over her. She’s struggling with school and friendships, and he’s struggling to understand a teenage girl and having to keep himself distant from his teammates. When Janelle is offered a part-time job in a friend’s book store, she bonds with Veronica. Unfortunately, the first time Riggs and Veronica meet, they get off to a bad start which sets the tone for their interactions.

”Never in a million years would I have thought the best kiss of my life would come from someone I abhor.”

Veronica Woodley might be a rich divorcΓ©e, but she’s far from the shallow puddle that Riggs assumes. As he seems determined to think the worst of her, she proves time and again that he’s wrong. Never mind the fact that there is an unwanted heated attraction between them. Never mind that he can’t stop kissing her and more. Neither believes in love, so neither is prepared for the feelings that start to creep up on them.

”Her body feels too good pressed against me, and it’s time to admit that no matter how I might feel about this woman, I want her like no other.”

I loved Riggs and Veronica’s story! Their sexual chemistry was so HOT and thrilling! They were irresistible and frantic, like they couldn’t get enough of each other. Veronica was a tough little nut. I loved that she spoke her mind and stood up for what she believed. She had a heart of gold. Riggs’ view of the world was skewed by his upbringing, but I adored that through action rather than words, Veronica snuck into his heart. His tender, heartfelt words to her made me swoon! Riggs might have come across as distant but, underneath, he was a man who was loyal, caring and felt more than he thought he was capable of. Loved this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment