Tuesday 10 April 2018

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Outnumbered by Shay Savage

1

OUTNUMBERED_AN_FB


❄❄❄


2

OutnumberedEbook 

  I’m not exactly the social type.  After spending most of my formative years in prison, I prefer an isolated existence in the wilderness of Canada’s Northwest Territories, making what little cash I need guiding tourists to the best hunting grounds.  I have no desire for company; I crave solitude instead, especially during the subarctic winter months, but what am I supposed to do when I come across a woman in distress? I can’t just leave her to die in the cold, and a storm is on the way. So now we are confined to my secluded cabin, and I quickly realize there’s something not quite right about Seri—or is her name Netti?  She switches moods faster than a snowshoe hare changes direction. In fact, I’m starting to think there’s more than one person behind the mystifying woman’s intense, green eyes. Physically, only two of us are trapped inside the rustic cabin, but I still feel outnumbered.


Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


What a compelling, unique read!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and could barely stand to put it down.

"There's only one motive that brings someone this far north - to escape something or someone in the south."

Bishop lives in isolation in the wilds of Canada. A harrowing childhood followed by years of incarceration make him a loner - safer to be alone - for himself and for others. As he hunkers down for the harsh winter, his solitary existence is broken by the presence of a mysterious young woman that he rescues. 

As the days pass and they become cut off from civilisation by the heavy snow, her puzzling mood swings and behaviour start him thinking that there's something wrong with her. Although, physically, there's only one other person invading his space, there are actually three other entities present. 

"Is it possible? Can more than one person be inside the same body? Does Seri not remember having sex with me because she, in fact, did not?"

This book was an amazing read! It was interesting to see how the author tackled such a subject. Both Bishop and Seri have been through a lot - both are broken, either running away from or hiding from life. 

I loved how Seri gave Bishop a measure of peace and quieted his distressing thoughts. I loved how he, in turn, wanted to protect and loved all of her, not just one part of her. She brought light, beauty, and joy to his barren, cold and lonely life. 

Bishop is such an interesting character; simple but complex. My heart broke for him when I learnt about his history. He's almost pitiful but then you get a real understanding of what a strong and stoic character he is, to live through what he's lived, and to live the way he lives now. He absolutely understands himself and what his limits are. 

Seri herself is obviously fascinating and complicated, as we try and piece together what has happened to her, and how she came to be the way she is. The author does a thoroughly fantastic job in portraying her mental condition and working it into the story. 

A riveting read which I thoroughly recommend if you're looking for something different and suspenseful, as well as heartwarming.




3
black - amazon Black - itunes barnes-and-noble Black -Kobo


❄❄❄


4

Release Day April 10 Outnumbered Teaser

Release Day April 17 Outnumbered Teaser


❄❄❄


5

Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets.  She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer.  Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot of that knowledge into the characters within her stories. From the author: “It’s my job to make you FEEL.  That doesn’t always mean you’ll feel good, but I want my readers to be connected enough to my characters to care.” Savage’s books many books span a wide variety of topics and sub-genres with deeply flawed characters.  From cavemen to addicts to hitmen, you’ll find yourself falling for these seemingly irredeemable characters!

6
black icon-website black icons-facebook black icons-twitter black icons -instagram black icon - goodreads black - amazon bookbub


❄❄❄


TNS hosted by
website gold facebook gold twitter gold instagram gold gold label_newsletter Pinterest gold youtube goldSign Up Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment