Monday 16 April 2018

REVIEW: Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely





Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely


I couldn’t have scripted a more perfect night. 

For one fantastic evening, at a masquerade party in the heart of Manhattan, I’m not the millionaire everyone wants a piece of. Fine—multimillionaire. But who’s counting all those commas? Not me, and not the most intriguing woman I've ever met, who happens to like dancing, witty banter, and passionate up-against-the-wall action as much as I do. 

There's no need for names or business cards. And that’s why I’m eager to get to know her more, since my mystery woman seems to like me for me, rather than for my huge…bank account. 

Everything’s coming up aces. Until the next day when things get a little complicated. 

(Newsflash — a lot complicated.) 

*** 

He's charming, brilliant, and the best night I've ever had, but right now I want to stab fate in the eyeballs. 

I've had one goal I've been working toward, and lo and behold, my mystery man is the very person who stands between me and my dream job. A job I desperately need since my hard-knock life has nothing in common with his star-kissed one. 

But it’s time to put that fairytale night behind me, and focus on learning what makes him tick. Too bad it turns out his quirks are my quirks, and his love affair with New York matches mine. 

And as we spend our days together, I discover something else that feels like a cruel twist of fate — I’m falling for this modern-day prince charming, and that’s not an ending I can write to our story. 

*A standalone contemporary romance!*




Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



What a deliciously sweet and sinfully sexy, light-hearted romance! I adored it! 

"We're in our cocoon of one-night lust, of crazy, instant chemistry."

Sabrina Granger needs to do a lot of things: get rid of her wedding dress, get over her ex, get a new job, get a new apartment, get on with her life! A masquerade event leads her to a mysterious but sexy masked stranger - her own dirty Duke. A guy who can make a little role play fantasy come true. The sexual attraction between them is immediate. The intellectual connection between them is delightful. One red-hot encounter later and she is fleeing the scene to take care of her future. However, when her future collides with her present, she needs to make a choice, weighing up her responsibilities against what her heart desires.

"What really sucks is that you've finally met somebody who isn't into you for your money, and you can't have her."

Flynn Parker needs just one thing: to find a woman who wants him for himself, and not for his wealth. Having been burnt once before, he finds it really difficult to trust people in general, especially women. However, when he meets a dazzling, sexy masked woman at a party, he finds himself enjoying the anonymity of being a regular guy, especially when he finds himself turned on mentally, as well as physically by her. Unfortunately, he soon finds out that she's decidedly off limits, but their natural and overwhelming pull towards each has them overstepping boundaries just as soon as they erect them.

"He's everything I like, and exactly what I must avoid. He's a risk I can't take."

This was a fun, fantastic read. The author takes the reader on an adventure, exploring the hidden, as well as the more well-known gems of NYC. We follow Flynn and Sabrina as they enjoy discovering these sights together, as well as each other.

Sabrina is strong yet vulnerable. I loved her directness and her determination to succeed in life and AT life. Her spirit is pretty indomitable and she has great focus. I loved her self-awareness and her honesty. Flynn is really quite sweet with plenty of dirty! He's a proper nerd but oh-so-HOT! I loved his earnestness and his soft heart, but I adored his filthy, dominant side.

The repartee between them was sparkling, clever and witty. The heat between them was sizzling! Come As You Are is like an X-rated Doris Day film. LOL. I adored Flynn and Sabrina, and I adored their story! 



✦Kindle US ➜ https://amzn.to/2H1Ci4Y
✦Kindle UK ➜ https://amzn.to/2qzrL5H
✦Kindle CA ➜ https://amzn.to/2HCINIq
✦Kindle AU ➜ https://amzn.to/2ISQUQv
✦Google Play ➜ http://bit.ly/2Dyhtwh
✦Audible ➜ https://adbl.co/2DTfbDi
✦Amazon PB ➜ http://amzn.to/2DstEXk

No comments:

Post a Comment