Thursday 23 March 2023

REVIEW: Burn by Jolie Vines

 






Title: Burn

Series: Dark Island Scots, #4

Author: Jolie Vines

Release Date: March 23rd


Blurb


I’d wreck his life. For mine, he’d burn down the world.
Jamieson was my penpal.
My first crush. My surf-crazy, impulsive, pyro boy, and the secret I kept from the world.
Until he broke us up before we ever met.
When I discover he’s been imprisoned by an evil man, saving him becomes my only goal.
Except his enemy wants me too.
He was fire and water. With him, I’d either drown or burn.

--

Burn (Dark Island Scots, #4) brings this smexy and thrilling series to a breathtaking finish. This is Jamieson and Summer’s romance, so expect fiercely passionate scenes between a plus-sized heroine and her fire-loving, reckless hero.
With nothing left to lose, our tribe of found family have to risk it all to end the war against them.
Please note this series contains darker themes.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Wow! An explosive, heart-thumping finale to this fabulous series! Dark, passionate and action-packed, this story was pacy and brought everything to such a wonderfully satisfying and happy end for the brothers and the women they love.

Told mainly from Jamieson AKA Burn and Summer's POV, we also had snippets from the other characters, reinforcing the relationships between the individual couples.

"Summer was mine. My obsession. My everything. She always had been."

Summer is broken by her experiences and Burn just wants retribution and to keep his family safe by any means necessary. I loved Burn's patience as Summer worked through her issues, and his willingness to help her get past them. For all his violent tendencies, Burn had a beautiful, soft heart. Summer had so much regret for her past actions and major trust issues, but I loved how the family adopted her into the fold without question, and bit by bit, she relaxed into her new place amongst them.

Seriously, just like the previous three novels, so much happens in this book, as the author steadily brought everyone back together again and gave us an ending that was optimistic for the family. She even gave us yet more surprises along the way, and a thread for a possible new story. And, I've got to mention the spice in this story!! Burn by name, burn by nature! LOL. Wowsers! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ An unforgettable series that I'm sad has ended, but I feel like I can finally take a deep breath of relief for our characters and their HEAs.







Purchase Link




No comments:

Post a Comment