Tuesday 2 March 2021

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: A Discovery of Secrets and Fate by Sawyer Bennett

 


Title: A Discovery of Secrets and Fate
Series: Chronicles of the Stone Veil, Book 2
Author: Sawyer Bennett
Release Date: 2nd March 2021



This epic journey continues as the dangers grow, the questions mount, and the attraction builds.


BLURB


Life as I knew it ended the day I accepted my fate.

In its place is an existence even the wildest imagination could never fathom. Strange creatures walk among us, plotting our demise, and I’ve come to find that the fate of our world rests squarely on my shoulders. We’re all in danger and I’m trying to figure out how to make it through each day.

The key to my survival is a man I can’t figure out. As dangerous as the darkest fae, I have no choice but to work with him to stop the prophecy that’s foretold to be the ruination of mankind.

Carrick Byrne continues to be my only source of information, but he doles it out as he sees fit. He intrigues and scares me in equal measure, yet I can’t help but be attracted to him. And the more I discover about him, the more it becomes clear he feels the same.

As we travel to Faere in search of answers, we find that every piece of information leads to more questions, that every question leads to a new piece of the puzzle, and that, most importantly, no one can be trusted.

The more secrets we uncover, one thing is certain— if we have any chance of saving the world, we have to do it together.

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate is book two of the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series and is best enjoyed if read in series order.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


O.M.GEEEE! Things are ramping up as secrets are revealed about Carrick, Finley's own history, her growing powers, as well as her role in the fate of the world.

”There’s a prophecy of doom, and you’re an integral part in thwarting it.”

As Finley struggles with the news that she has a pivotal role to play in the future of the world, she continues to hone her fighting skills. She also struggles with the secrets that she’s keeping from her best friends. When she gets a wake-up call that nothing in her life is anything close to ‘normal’ anymore, she knows that she has to step up. Giving her trust fully to the taciturn Carrick is another matter altogether but, as she discovers new worlds and explores the underbelly of the human world, she comes to realise that he is her best chance of survival. Even if she has to deal with her annoying attraction to him.

”My heart skitters as a strange barrage of conflicting emotions hit me. Fear twists my gut even as longing whispers through me.”

I’ve got to admit that the slow-burn chemistry between Carrick and Finley keeps me just an enthralled as the storyline. Their relationship is still full of distrust but there's no denying the attraction between them. The storyline itself has three more books in which to play itself out and I’m just so impatient to get my hands on them! The author paints an evocative and colourful illustration of the world of Faere and the Fae who inhabit it. I was completely caught up in the detailed descriptions of everything. There's still so much mystery surrounding the prophecy and the roles people will play in it’s fulfilment. I love the side characters as Carrick and Finley build their team through necessity, as well as for support. Gaaah! I really need the next book right now!






PURCHASE LINKS


Get A Discovery of Secrets and Fate:

No comments:

Post a Comment