Saturday 1 July 2017

REVIEW: Dirty Neighbor by Cassie-Ann L Miller






Dirty Neighbor (The Dirty Suburbs #1) by Cassie-Ann L. Miller


Keeland Masters...Growing up, he was the boy next door, my older brother’s best friend, the guy who asked me to the prom...and then stood me up. He just vanished into thin air. 

Now that he’s back in town, he wants to come over to play. And I’m not talking hopscotch. 

But he’s hurt me once, so I’m sticking to my side of the fence no matter how good he looks pushing that lawnmower in all his tanned, toned shirtless glory. 


Samantha Trotten...I should have been her first kiss. I should have been her "first time". Instead, I ended up being the first a**hole to break her heart. But a lot of things were outside of my control back then. 

I've been to hell and back over the past few years. She doesn't even know the half of it. 

But now, I'm back in town. And though I know I should keep my distance, all I want is a do-over...And I won't quit till I get it. 

"Dirty Neighbor" is book one in the "Dirty Suburbs", a series of full-length, stand-alone romantic comedies set in small town Illinois. 


Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Really enjoyed this one!

"I'm terrified of trusting him. Once a heartbreaker, always a heartbreaker. Right?"

Keeland Masters was the boy next door and Samantha's brother's best friend. He broke her heart when they were high school seniors, when he suddenly left town with his family. She's heard nothing from him since. 

Eight years later, Keeland is back...in the house next door. Older, hotter, and just as irresistible. 

"Daniel told me to keep away from his sister but she's the only thing I really want. I've always wanted her. I've always wanted to get back the chance I missed all those years ago.

Keeland felt bad when his family left and he let Sammie down so badly. He moved on with his life but it lead him to make one big mistake, which he paid for. He's back in his hometown to take stock of his life but he hadn't banked on seeing his teenage crush. She's older, hotter, and just as irresistible....and she hates him!

Even though his best friend has warned him off, and Sammie treats him with disdain, they can't deny that their chemistry and connection is as strong as ever and, soon enough, their resistance to one another goes up in flames.

"You were always supposed to be my girl, Sammie. And I was supposed to be your guy."

This was a fab, easy, dirty read! I liked the forbidden element and the fact that these two characters were just mad for one another. Neither wants to put their hearts on the line but the more time they spend together, the more obvious it becomes that this is not just a fling. Thoroughly enjoyed it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment