Tuesday 19 June 2018

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Digging A Hole by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff




Title: Digging A Hole
Series: OHellNO #3
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: June 19, 2018



Blurb

From New York Times Bestseller, Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, comes a new Romantic Comedy.

He’s the meanest boss ever.

She’s the sweet shy intern.

They’re about to wreck each other crazy.


My name is Sydney Lucas. I am smart, deathly shy, and one hundred percent determined to make my own way in the world. Which is why I jumped at the chance to intern for Mr. Nick Brooks despite his reputation. After ten failed interviews at other companies, he was the only one offering. Plus, everyone says he knows his stuff, and surely a man as stunningly handsome as him can’t be “the devil incarnate,” right? Wrong.

Oh…that man. That freakin’ man has got to go! I’ve been on the job one week, and he’s insulted my mother, wardrobe shamed me, and managed to make me cry. Twice. Underneath that stone-cold, beautiful face is the evilest human being ever.

But I’m not going to quit. Oh no. For once in my life, I’ve got to make a stand. Only, every time I open my mouth, I can’t quite seem to muster the courage. Perhaps my revenge needs to come in another form: destroying him quietly.

Because I’ve got a secret. I’m not really just an intern, and Sydney Lucas isn’t my real name.


Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 'warrior squirrel' stars! Loved this story! 

"I'm deathly shy and have been since the age of five."

Georgie Walton usually prefers to fade into the background, however, her family are in a middle of a huge crisis and she's determined to do her bit. Unfortunately, it means showing them that she's made of sterner stuff, which means that she's got to pull up her big-girl panties and step way, way out of her comfort zone. Working for the meanest jerk of a boss is the ultimate definition of a baptism of fire...and doing so under a fake name only adds to the stress of it all.

"Something just doesn't feel right about him. The abrasiveness then the kindness. He wasn't even mad about my little pranks. In fact, he seemed kinda happy."

Nick Brooks might be beautiful on the outside, but he must be the ugliest and moodiest SOB that Georgie has ever come across. When his cruel verbal jabs finally make her bite back, their relationship turns a significant corner, and Georgie starts to realise that there are several things about her boss that don't add up.

"Power is about being yourself, accepting who you are, and finding strength in that. Some of us do it quietly, and others do it with blazing guns."

The books in this series always throw in something unexpected, but they are also always pretty funny. There were so many parts in this story that made me laugh out loud. 

I adored Georgie, her personal battles, and her spunkiness. Her journey throughout the story was a massive one. She absolutely needed someone to stop mollycoddling her and treat her like a grownup. I cheered when she shook off the shackles holding her back and came into her own. Nick was definitely an enigma. He was such a brute to her but then showed a softer, more caring, side to himself as they got to know each other better.

This was funny, heartwarming read, with lots of hate-lust chemistry, and a great plot. Can't wait for the next book!








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Also Available


FREE for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Author Bio


MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author with over a million books sold worldwide. Although she obtained her MBA and worked for more than fifteen years in the corporate world, she believes that it’s never too late to come out of the romance closet and follow your dream. Mimi lives with her Latin Lover hubby, two pirates-in-training (their boys), and the rat terrier duo, Snowflake and Mini Me, in Arizona. She hopes to make you laugh when you need it most and continues to pray daily that leather pants will make a big comeback for men.


Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment