Saturday 2 June 2018

REVIEW: City Under Siege by R.J. Prescott

City
Under SiegeLondon is a city in flames. Tensions are high and a critical situation is about to go from bad to worse. The Prime Minister wants to send a message, and the SAS will be the ones to deliver it.

Emotional detachment is my speciality. I’m ruthless and cut throat, but there is nobody better.

Sarah Tatem is an innocent. Caught up in a world in which she doesn’t belong, and trying desperately to do the right thing. My job is to keep her safe long enough to get what’s needed, and bring an end to this siege of terror.

But something has changed. I’ve learned that the only thing stronger than loyalty is love, and now she’s gone.

My name is Lieutenant Tom Harper, and I’m about to unleash hell.

Julie's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Blooming heck, what an exciting read.

There was the deep-seated love story at its core, with the thrill and excitement of the protecting a sweet young lady, Sarah, who was helping to bring down a terrible criminal.

Sarah was a strong lady, who was not expecting to find love, after going through an awful ordeal. Sarah was formidable and once she accepted that her future definitely had Tom in it, she tried fighting it, together they were unstoppable.

I loved the banter between Tom and his team, and Nan what an amazing lady she was a hoot. Sarah's family, or the remainder of it, had a rotten core and finally got its comeuppance.

This had me gripped and turning the pages, its a love story, full of suspense and thrills, and page turner which kept me occupied on a 6-hour long road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment