Friday 16 September 2022

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: The Return Play by Mariah Dietz



The Return Play by Mariah Dietz


Release Date: September 13th


𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐛:


Oleander Springs, North Carolina was my second home, but my first love.

The humid days and warm nights provided the perfect backdrop for discovering the magical bliss that comes without expectations or routines. Secrets with my best friend, Hudson McKinley, were shared. sewn together with promises, one summer after another.

I never thought we’d grow up and grow apart.

Now four years later, I’m back in Oleander Springs out of obligation, convinced nothing could be the way I remembered. My first sight of Hudson confirms it. He’s no longer a gangly boy who barely reaches my brow but several inches taller than me, built like Thor, and the starting quarterback of the Knights.

As I focus on how much has changed, Hudson is determined to prove that not everything is different, including the quick smiles, ease, and banter we’ve always shared. Only now, the jokes and innuendos keep pushing the limits of our … friendship, dipping into honesty and an attraction that has me forgetting why I returned to Oleander Springs.

A temporary return.

Now the end of summer is looming and I don’t know if I can leave.
Or if I dare to stay.

Three months, one book of records, and a lifelong friendship is about to prove the ultimate sacrifice.


Caroline's Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2

4.5 stars for this wonderful story!

"This has always been your second home, and you've always belonged here - with us - with me."

When Evelyn Watts quits the volleyball team, she loses her scholarship to New Mexico State and ends up moving to Oleander Springs in Florida. Although Camden University was always her childhood dream, she arrives with mixed feelings. However, when she meets her childhood best friends, Hudson and Griffin McKinley, and Mila Atwool, she finally starts to find her groove again.

"There's something between us, something undeniable that burns and hums and sparks when we're apart and grows in intensity when she's nearby."

When his childhood best friend turns up expectedly in Oleander Springs, Hudson can hardly believe it. After her four-year absence, Evelyn is familiar yet not familiar; changed yet unchanged. She's definitely no longer the cute, coltish 14YO girl he knew. As the summer days pass and they reacquaint themselves, Hudson struggles to stay in the friend-zone, until he finally declares himself and hopes to persuade Evelyn that Camden is the right choice for her.

"I feel him against every part of me, not just in my heart, but in my veins, in my bones, in my memories, and my forever."

This was a sexy, sweet, slow-burn romance. I loved the connection between Hudson and Evelyn, and also how Evelyn reconnected with both Griffin and Mila, too. The solid summer friendship she had with them all resurfaces the more time she spends with them. Evelyn was all kindness and patience with Griffin. I loved her manner with him and how good she was with him. I enjoyed how Evelyn gradually found her footing back in Oleander Springs, as she battled with her doubts and insecurities. The romance that blossomed between Hudson and her was gorgeous, as it had a fantastic friendship base to work from. Once they stepped over the line, the romance went from slow-burn to incendiary. Their chemistry was hot and all-consuming. Hudson was such a fabulous guy! He had a lot on his plate as he dealt with his own worries and responsibilities. I loved how flirty and sweet he was with Evelyn, and his desire for her was thrilling. I really enjoyed this story and hoping to have stories about the other characters.


One-Click Now to Read with Amazon or KU: https://geni.us/cZzJE2t


No comments:

Post a Comment