Tuesday 16 May 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Duke of Manhattan by Louise Bay


Author: Louise Bay
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 16, 2017



SYNOPSIS

I was born into British aristocracy, but I’ve made my fortune in Manhattan. New York is now my kingdom.
Back in Britain my family are fighting over who’s the next Duke of Fairfax. The rules say it’s me--if I’m married. It’s not a trade-off worth making. I could never limit myself to just one woman.
Or so I thought until my world is turned upside down. Now, the only way I can save the empire I built is to inherit the title I’ve never wanted-- so I need a wife.
To take my mind off business I need a night that’s all pleasure. I need to bury myself in a stranger.
The skim of Scarlett King’s hair over my body as she bends over . . .
The scrape of her nails across my chest as she screams my name . . .
The bite of her teeth on my shoulder just as we both reach the edge . . .
It all helps me forget.
I just didn’t bargain on finding my one night stand across the boardroom table the next day.
She might be my latest conquest but I have a feeling Scarlett King might just conquer me.


A sexy, standalone romance.



Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


“I swear, this woman could make me come without a single touch. So compliant, so confident, so beautiful.”


Ryder Westbury is in a bind. He stands to lose the business that defines him – it’s his identity, his wealth, his life. For one unforgettable night, he loses himself in the beautiful Scarlett King, never expecting to see her, again, least of all the next day at a business meeting.

“Wonderful. The first thing a man who’d dissolved me into a thousand pieces in bed saw in me the next time we met was a business arrangement.”

Scarlett King loves the business she built with her friend and she’s willing to do just about anything to save it. It helped her get over her divorce and gave her purpose. But when Ryder proposes something completely preposterous, she revolts at the idea, but what other choice does she have? It’s strictly business but, unfortunately, the seriously hot memories of their mind-blowing night together haunts her. 

“Scarlett had pushed me out of my carefully constructed reality.”

Ryder has been always commitment-averse. He likes women too much to just stick to one but Scarlett changes everything for him. Scarlett, in turn, is still dealing with the end of her marriage and is scared to put her heart on the line, again. However, when their business arrangement is clouded by lust and finer feelings, she has to decide if love is worth the risk to her heart and mind. 

This was a great, easy read. The writing had good pace and flow, and was an effortless read. Ryder is one hell of a sexy guy! I loved his dominant sexual nature and especially his delight in how well Scarlett responds to it. I loved how natural he felt being a couple with Scarlett, even though he normally avoids relationships. His care of her was heartwarming, and we could see how much he put her first and made him want things that he never wanted before.

“Something in the way he looked at me told me this guy wanted my soul straight out the gate.”

Scarlett was a fab heroine – I want to be just like her when I grow up! LOL. She is beautiful, passionate, and honest, with a core of vulnerability. I loved the way she held her own and how she dealt with Ryder’s family. I also loved how confident she was with Ryder in the bedroom and willing to surrender to him.

This story was super sexy, sweet and humorous. I loved watching Ryder and Scarlett fall in love! 






Buy Links


B&N: TBC

Paperbacks


Audiobooks coming soon





No comments:

Post a Comment