Sunday 21 May 2017

REVIEW: Smart Tass by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff




Smart Tass (OHellNo #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff


From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes SMART TASS, a new Romantic Comedy.

He’s the hot quarterback all the girls want.
She’s the smart girl he loves to pick on.
And now that they’re all grown up, things are about to get geekin’ ugly…


My name is Tass. I’m smart, I’m driven, and I am determined not to let prankster Hunter Johnson continue raining on my parade. When we were little, he’d pull my hair and call me names. When we were teenagers, he’d throw food and tease me for being a flat-chested virgin.

But now that we’ve ended up at the same college, he’s out of his hot head if he thinks he can keep messing with my life. It’s like he’s fixated on me or something. Well, guess what, Mr. Amazefootball? I’m not that geeky little girl anymore and you do not screw with a smart woman.

So what’s my plan?

It’s definitely wild, and he’s about to find out…
 





Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Totally adored this book! It had all my favourite ingredients: college, humour, girl-nerd, hot cocky jock, enemies-to-lovers, and intensity.

I was only a few pages in and I was already laughing!

“Intelligence is the only currency that matters. And Hunter Johnson is dumbass broke.”

Tass and Hunter are next-door neighbours. They were best friends until they went to kindergarten. Then Hunter thought he was too cool for the nerdy little girl. Tass, in turn, wouldn’t let it get to her. All through school, Hunter bullied her. Tass gave as good as she got. Let’s face it, he’s the dumb jock with a propensity for stupid pranks and humiliation, but she’s the girl genius with a dexterity for sharp words and dismissive remarks. She couldn’t wait to leave school and never see him again. Unfortunately, he followed her to college and is STILL ruining her life! Well, she’s had enough. She’s ready to fight back and give him a taste of his own medicine.

“Maybe I’m not as smart as I thought. At the very least, I’m lacking education. Education about people.”

However, circumstances has them striking a deal and, as they spend more time together, Hunter’s words and behaviour towards her has her questioning everything she believed to be true about their hate relationship, their past, and her ideals and outlook on life.

“When he looks at me, like right now – all serious – it makes me feel like he’s decided I belong to him.”

I devoured this book! Tass is sassy, smart-mouthed, and oblivious of her power over Hunter. Told from Tass’ POV, we get glimpses of the real Hunter through her eyes, so her growing confusion and horrified attraction to him is clear and plain to see. I thought the storyline was brilliant and I loved how the shocking revelations about their past were revealed. Hunter – oh, Hunter! He might come across as shallow, initially, but his real feelings for Tass slowly become evident, and we get a real sense of just how invested he is in her and her wellbeing. I found some of their interactions intense and thrilling! Like constantly being on the cusp of a telling revelation.

This novel had me laughing, melting, empathising, and sympathising. Totally adored it and thoroughly recommend it for those who love the NA genre.

Can't wait for the second book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment