Thursday 6 September 2018

REVIEW: Dirty, Reckless Love by Lexi Ryan

37460740




I’m in love with a man who tried to kill me. At least that’s what they tell me . . .

Six weeks ago, paramedics found me unconscious in my apartment. Beaten. Bruised. Hardly breathing. When I woke up, I couldn’t remember the last three years or anything about my life in Jackson Harbor. They tell me my fiancé, Colton McKinley, is on the run for what he did to me. They tell me I’m safer if I stay away. 

I don’t care if my memories ever come back. I want nothing to do with those missing years . . . until a sexy stranger with angry eyes shows up on my doorstep and demands I stop ignoring him. 

Levi Jackson is my fiancé’s best friend, but seeing him sparks something inside me. As the truth unravels in my mind, I know they’re wrong about Colton. My own secrets are far more dangerous than the man I was engaged to.

I return to Jackson Harbor to search for answers and find myself running from a faceless boogeyman and seeking refuge in Levi’s arms. And in his bed. 

I can’t deny my feelings for Levi. But as the pile of lies between us grows, I realize that sometimes the truth can’t set us free. Sometimes, it’s the very thing that can destroy us.




Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Loved this story! 

"Here I am, wishing I'd found her first."

Levi has been in love with his best friend's girl, Ellie, for years. However, she loved Colton and, no matter how badly he treated her, she stayed with him, and Levi will take her friendship over nothing at all.

"When his eyes met mine, the intensity on his face makes me gasp."

When Ellie is attacked and is left with no memory of her three years of living in Jackson Harbor, at first, she's afraid to return to the scene of the crime but then she's determined to find answers...especially when the stranger named Levi, makes her feel something and brings back a snippet of memory.

"I can't answer for the memories I can't retrieve, but I know exactly how I feel right now. I want Levi, and only Levi."

This was such a fantastic read!! The story moves between the past and present, and gradually unravels the events leading up to the night Ellie is attacked, as her memories return to her. We witness how Levi falls for Ellie and the progress of Ellie's relationship with Colton. Throw in a few extra players, and passion, love and suspense - and we have a brilliant masterpiece of storytelling. Adored it! 





Amazon Universal: mybook.to/DirtyRecklessLove

No comments:

Post a Comment