Monday 8 May 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny by Cindi Madsen





Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots #4) by Cindi Madsen



Confession #1: I used to be a puck bunny, but after a hockey player broke my heart, I gave up all things hockey. Now I'm just focused on finding a way to pass my math class so I can graduate college.

Confession #2: Ryder "Ox" Maddox's deep, sexy voice sends fuzzy tingles through my entire body, and I'm powerless to stop it. Which is a big problem since the hot, surprisingly funny hockey player is my new math tutor.

Confession #3: I can't stop thinking about how ripped Ryder is from all his hockey training, and how fun it'd be to cross lines with him.

Confession #4: I kissed a hockey player and I liked it.

Confession #5: If I'm not careful, I might relapse and fall for Ryder, and then I'll be totally pucked.


Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was a fab, NA sports romance.

“Lately I’d had to remind myself of the hard lessons I’d learned more than usual, because for some reason, Ryder Maddox had set his sights on me, and the guy was intense with a side of intense.”

Lindsay Rivera is a former puck bunny – she was addicted to the hockey, the players, the booze, the sex, the attention. After having her heart broken, she’s sworn off the whole hockey scene. Like any recovering addict, she’s removed herself completely from temptation, preferring to focus on finishing her senior year, and working on the college paper. However, Ryder ‘Ox’ Maddox has his eye on her, and no matter what she does, she can’t help noticing him back.

“In the moments she laughed and fired off those quick comebacks, I was sure she felt the same spark I did, but before she let herself fully enjoy it, she’d quickly pull away.”

Ryder doesn’t really know Lindsay or about her previous reputation. And, he doesn’t really care. There’s something about her that has him hooked from the first moment he laid eyes on her, and once he sets his mind to something, he’ll do whatever it takes to achieve it. And, he wants Lindsay. When he finds the perfect opening to spend time with her, he grabs it – partly through determined persuasion and partly through some clever negotiation.

“If things were different…I could really see myself slipping.”
“Just slip…I’ll catch you.”

This was a pretty humorous read, full of sexy charged moments between the main characters. I loved the connection and witty banter between them. 

Ryder has a lot of pressure in his life from all sides. He’s learned to keep his emotions in check, which makes him appear intense and quiet, but strong. I enjoyed how he surprised Lindsay with his playfulness and his sense of humour. I also loved how patient he was with her and her skittishness, and he learned to read her body language and was prepared to go gently to win her over. Lindsay’s upbringing has shaped a lot of her life and perceptions. However, after she realised that she’d been looking for validation in all the wrong places, she’s determined to be her own person, have a successful career, and not be dependent on anyone. Although she’s sworn off the whole hockey scene, Ryder’s gorgeousness, kindness and thoughtfulness has her resolve weakening. I enjoyed watching her letting go of her control, and start living her life again and making real friends. These two characters really needed each other - they could both see beneath the surface to the real person below. I loved them! 




B&N




No comments:

Post a Comment