Monday 5 February 2018

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: How to Date a Douchebag: The Coaching Hours by Sara Ney





The Coaching Hours by Sara Ney



THERE ARE NO DOUCHEBAGS IN THIS STORY.

Well, there are, but they’re not who this story is about.
This story is about me—the coach’s daughter.
When I moved to Iowa to live with my dad, the university's take-no-prisoners wrestling coach, I thought transferring would be easy as pie—living with my father would be temporary, and he'd make sure his douchebag wrestlers left me alone.
Wrong on both counts.

ASSHOLES ALWAYS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH.

A bet is placed, and I'm on the table. After one humiliating night and too much alcohol, I find the last nice guy on campus. And when he offers to rent me his spare bedroom, I go all in. It’s time for the nice guy to finish first.
Midnight chats and spilling my problems turn to lingering touches. Lingering touches turn to more.
And the ultimate good guy has the potential do more damage than any douchebags ever could.




Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐



As the blurb says, there are no douchebags in this story. Well, there are, but they’re not who this story is about.

This book is about a nice girl and a nice guy. Who become roommates. Who become friends. Who become something more. However, the guy has his future planned out.

And the douchebags in this story? They're so douchey and annoying! LOL. Until they're not. I know! Total tease! 

I thoroughly enjoyed this last novel in this series. It was humorous, sexy, touching and very satisfying. 

"I'm starting to seriously doubt my decision to let her live here based on the fact that I find her attractive, that I'm attracted to her, and if it's not f*cking cool getting a semi-boner while eating breakfast together for the first time, someone didn't send my dick the memo."

Anabelle is the tough wrestling coach's daughter - she is so off-limits to the wrestling team. But, does that stop them? She just wants to make friends and get on with her studies. A night drowning her sorrows has her being rescued by one of the good guys. He's focused on his future goals, but he can't help stepping in to save this girl who intrigues him. One good deed turns into another and, before he knows it, he's got a new roommate. A sexy, gorgeous roommate. 

"....silent, lazy scrutiny is doing bizarre things to my already quaking insides - plus, he's one of the good guys, which makes him even more attractive, if that's even possible."

In turn, she also lands herself a sexy, gorgeous roommate - who's also such a nice guy that he poses more of danger to her than those other douchebags.

This was a slow-burn romance, a sweet friends-to-lovers tale, which took an unexpected turn. I loved that this story went down an unpredictable path. There was plenty of banter between them, as well as irreverent exchanges between the hero and a character from a previous novel. Some of them had me hooting with laughter. 

A great read to round off the series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment