Thursday 29 June 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Country Nights by Winter Renshaw





Country Nights by Winter Renshaw


Sixty country days and nights—that’s all I wanted. 

I needed to get away from the city, away from the hot mess that had become my life. 

When I stumbled upon my childhood home on RentBnB.com, I took it as a sign, cleaned out my life savings, and hightailed it to the only place that ever meant something to me, a place I hadn’t seen since a lifetime ago. 

Only, when I arrived to the familiar South Dakotan farmhouse, I was met by a brooding, we-don’t-take-kindly-to-strangers cowboy by the name of River McCray, who insisted this was his house and most definitely not a rental property. 

I’d been Internet scammed. 

And that cocky, smart-mouthed stranger had the nerve to make me a humiliating offer: I could stay in his house for the next two months rent-free, but I had to work for him. 

With no money and nowhere else to go, I agreed. But nothing could have prepared me for the tension, the attraction, and the bombshell revelations that changed … everything. 


AUTHOR’S NOTE: This full-length, angsty, steamy romance is a complete standalone and contains subject matter that may trigger sensitive readers. For a limited time, I've also included my second chance/country romance, NEVER IS A PROMISE! Please note: both novels are full-length, with Country Nights being slightly longer. :-)



Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was a very readable, sweet, sexy, slightly angsty romance.

“I fight a smile. This girl has a smart mouth on her, and while I find her irritating ninety-seven percent of the time, the other three percent of the time, I kind of secretly enjoy her company.”

When Leighton turns up at her former beloved childhood home, under the impression that she’s rented it for a couple of months, she’s met with a less than welcoming man, and they figure out that she’s been scammed. 

“He’s as guarded as Area 51, and yet I’m incredibly attracted to him. He intrigues me in a way that no one else ever has.”

When River meets Leighton, he recognises something in her that echoes something in him. When he realises that she’s short of funds, with nowhere to stay, he does something completely out of character – he impulsively offers her a place to stay in exchange for working at the farm that he now owns. 

“I knew from the moment I saw her that letting myself feel a damn thing would be dangerous for me, so I held my cards close and kept her at a distance.”

River is closed off, bitter, and temperamental. He carries the aftereffects of a tragedy deep in his heart. However, this city girl has a way about her that has him acting out of character, and shifting something in him. He’s just been existing day to day, and her presence in his life wakes him up from his frozen state, and makes his heart beat, again. However, a shocking discovery has the potential to break them apart.

Leighton seems to be naturally a sunny and resilient woman, in spite of her own heartbreaks. Her heart really feels for River when she discovers his history, and she’s determined to pull him back into the world of the living before she disappears out of his life. I loved how their tentative friendship turned into something firmer, and then into something more. I loved how she brought out little smiles and surprised laughter from River. 

This was a lovely story about loss, heartbreak, healing, and second chances. It was a fab, heartwarming read with a bit of intrigue thrown in. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment