Sunday 18 June 2017

REVIEW: I Know My Name by CJ Cooke







…But what if that’s the only thing you can remember?

Komméno Island, Greece: I don't know where I am, who I am. Help me.

A woman is washed up on a remote Greek island with no recollection of who she is or how she got there.

Potter’s Lane, Twickenham, London: Eloïse Shelley is officially missing.

Lochlan’s wife has vanished into thin air, leaving their toddler and twelve-week-old baby alone. Her money, car and passport are all in the house, with no signs of foul play. Every clue the police turn up means someone has told a lie…

Does a husband ever truly know his wife? Or a wife know her husband? Why is Eloïse missing? Why did she forget?

The truth is found in these pages…


Claire's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ok so this book has really left me speechless. I cannot begin to explain how utterly brilliant this book was and I have a feeling that it's going to stay with me for a long time.

I Know my Name is the story of Lochlan, who gets a call one day at work to say his wife Eloise has gone missing, leaving their two young children alone at home. The story is told in alternate points of view, mainly Lochlan's and Eloise's. It is so well written that your mind jumps to so many different conclusions the whole way through and not once did I actually work out the outcome.

This book tackles so many important subjects and is a real eye opener. It's hard to say too much without adding any spoilers, but It really just needs to be read to really understand the full impact of the story that no review will be able to put across in words.

This is the first I've read of CJ Cooke but I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more of their books in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment