Friday 9 June 2017

REVIEW: A Life Less Ordinary by Elle Brooks




A Life Less Beautiful by Elle Brooks



Ellis Hughes has loved the girl next door since he was ten-years-old. She was his sun, moon, and every visible star in a clear night sky. She was also his biggest regret. 

When a terrible accident rips Ellis and Harlow apart, it shatters both their hearts beyond repair. More than a decade later, Ellis has paid his penance, but his regret still lingers, and the love he once harbored for his childhood sweetheart has never faded. 

What Ellis believes has been destroyed forever, slowly comes back to life, only for a cruel twist of fate to intervene. Knowing he cannot live his life without Harlow in it, he faces the ultimate test of selflessness. 

He must sacrifice his own heart to mend hers. 



Julie's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



I’m going through all kinds of emotions reading this. I have been through elation, butterflies in my stomach, anger, love, compassion.

What a lovely couple Ellis and Harlow are, they are so in tune with each other. Even after a long absence, they really ‘get’ each other.

I have loved following these two since they were 10 years old, and now in adulthood. That must have been a hard subject to research and write about, but I think the author has done it so thoughtfully.

I have to be honest and say that I have had to put the book down and take a break. It has been an emotional read, and I still have the ending to deal with! I think it’s going to be a tough one to get through, but I have only put it down when I had to go into work!

The final chapter, WOW! So selfless. OMG! I couldn’t believe what I was reading at first; to do that for someone really goes above and beyond the realms of true love.

Ellis and Harlow had such a deep connection and a love so pure. They have all the trappings of a full and secure future. What a way to end! And I sincerely hope there is a short novella or sequel to come. To be left hanging like that! Well, what can I say, but PLEASE!

Heartbreakingly beautiful story, with twists and turns that have you hoping that it really does work in their favour. You can’t but help keep turning the pages to get all the details.






No comments:

Post a Comment