Sunday 25 June 2017

REVIEW: Turbulence by Whitney G





Turbulence by Whitney G.



Fuck me recklessly
Kiss me harder.
Take me again and again… 



He and I met under a cloud of clichés:
Boy meets girl. Boy charms girl. Boy fucks girl.
Our story was supposed to end right after the orgasms, right after we went our separate ways.



But then we saw each other again…
And neither of us could walk away.



Our rules were simple.
Our passion was scandalous.
Our hearts were supposed to be safe…



But when you find something so all-consuming—something so intoxicating and inescapable, you’ll risk everything you’ve ever had, even if you’re destined to crash and burn.


This is us.
This is our messed up love.
This is turbulence.



Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐




I don't know how I've waited so long to read this book! It was brilliant!

Gillian and Jake! This story was full of so much emotion, secrets, and complexity that I hardly know where to begin to write a worthy review!

Gillian Taylor comes from a family of overachievers. She’s the black sheep, the disappointment. Her burgeoning career was cut short, and now she works two jobs to make ends meet – trainee air stewardess and cleaner of a swanky apartment. She’s also just found out her boyfriend has been cheating on her.

Jake Weston, pilot extraordinaire. Nothing can touch him. He’s emotionless, rude, and blunt. He’s a mass of simmering anger that is controlled through meaningless sex. He has a hook-up in every city. He’s absolutely anti-relationships or anything resembling a relationship.

“For nearly a month, she’d managed to leave an imprint on my mind with her smart-ass mouth and argumentative ways. With her undeniable, addictive sex.”

The two meet by chance and electric attraction sparks between them. What should have been just a one-night stand turns into an exclusive sexual relationship, with a few ground rules. However, the more time they spend together, the more that it turns into something more. The ‘more’ is turbulent, tempestuous, addictive, and unforgettable.

“You’re my anomaly.”

This book was intriguing, amusing, heart-melting, and hot as hell! I found it absolutely compelling reading and I begrudged every moment that I had to put it down to do something else. Their sexcapades burned up the pages. Their fiery relationship totally hooked me in. I LOVED that Gillian wasn’t a pushover, although her intense feelings for Jake drove her to behave out of character. I loved her funny, argumentative ways. She was kind of adorable, really.

“She was getting under my skin, slipping into my marrow, and that was a problem.”

Jake – honestly, who on earth would really put up with him? LOL. Aside from the stellar sex, he’s neither charming nor pleasant! He’s basically a walking, raw, open wound. But, oddly enough, I found him and his curt ways funny reading. And, when Gillian starts to get under his skin, I loved how he just couldn’t resist her ways. She chips away at his cynicism. For someone who never chases after women, I loved the little things he did to win her back – over and over.

Gillian has a past. Jake has a past. I thoroughly enjoyed how we found out - the gradual unravelling of both - as the story progressed.

Such a fantastic book! Thoroughly recommend!




AMAZON (US) --> http://amzn.to/2bPUEVt
AMAZON (UK) --> http://amzn.to/2bzPrgX






No comments:

Post a Comment