Saturday 10 June 2017

REVIEW: Bad Neighbor by Molly O'Keefe




Bad Neighbor by Molly O'Keefe



He's sexy... He's dangerous... He's right next door. 

I gave up everything to save my sister from a monster, and now I’m lying low in this rundown apartment so I can stay out of danger. Hiding from everyone.

Except for the guy in apartment 1A.

He’s rude. Silent. Muscled, mysterious, and hot as hell. I don’t know if he likes me or hates me, but the more time I spend with him, the less it matters.

I want him.

And for the first time in my life I'm going to go after what I want.

She doesn’t belong in my world.

From the second 1B moves in, I know she’s keeping secrets. She doesn’t belong here, much less with a street fighter like me.

But that doesn’t stop me from craving her. Her softness and sweetness. She’s a drug, and suddenly I’m addicted.

I know someone is going to try and hurt her and I can’t let that happen. But unless I push her away and get her out of my world, that someone could be me… 




Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



"I didn't know what to do with him. Where exactly he was supposed to sit in my life. Where I was supposed to sit in his. All I knew was that I wanted more of him. I wanted more sex. More kissing."

Charlotte meets her new neighbour, Jesse, on the day she moves in. He's gorgeous, broody, grumpy, and reeks of bad. She can't help being drawn to him; mesmerised by him. However, she can't afford to be careless, as she's basically in hiding and trying to protect her sister.

"You're soft, Charlotte. You're part real, part dream. You're half here and half...someplace else."

Jesse has never met anyone like Charlotte before; never had anyone remotely like her in his life. But he can't afford to have her in his life. He's fighting not only his own demons, but also the demons left behind by his father.

"With Jesse I lived in a hundred percent of my body. Just like him. I felt him in every inch of my skin. I felt him inside my skin. He was in my skin and bones."

I thought this was a compelling and engaging read. Charlotte and Jesse are polar opposites but are like magnets attracted to one another. I loved how much they really needed each other. Charlotte is fascinated by Jesse's overt sexuality, and Jesse completely shoves her out of her comfort zone. Outside of the sex, they really connect. Jesse is equally fascinated by Charlotte - her light, her softness, her personality, her talent. She's the best thing that he's ever had in his life and he's willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe...especially when he pieces the clues together and realises who she's hiding from.

"We were full of cracks and fault lines, but we matched. Where she was weak, I was strong. And where I was weak...God, she was so strong."

I loved the author's writing style, and thought this was a super-hot, fab read, with some heartfelt moments.






No comments:

Post a Comment