Monday 6 February 2017

Review: Cold Hearted by Winter Renshaw

Cold Hearted






I wish I could say our meeting was happenstance.

I wish I could say we took one look and we just knew.

I wish I could say falling for him was the best thing that ever happened to me.

But none of that would be true.

Rhett Carson was as cold as the ice on which he skated. He was as calloused as the hands that shot the goals that won world titles. He was also damaged. And broken. And he didn’t know it, but I knew all about him.

I knew why he was so bitter and angry.

I knew why he was so coldhearted.

But I didn’t know why I allowed myself fall in love with him, and I didn’t know why I couldn’t stop... even when he told me to.

And that’s when everything changed.

Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐




“He’s interesting, this Rhett. And there’s something guarded yet deep about him. I wish I could open him up and pour him out to see what’s inside. I bet it would be fascinating.”

Rhett is angry, grieving, and reeling from a stunning betrayal. He’s turned off his finer emotions. When he sees a beautiful brunette in a bar, one night, he wants her. Her sexy body, sassy mouth, and her take-no-prisoners attitude turn him on something wicked. 

“Her floral perfume fills my lungs, and though it’s a scent I’ve never smelled before, it feels like coming home.”

Ayla is in New York on personal business. She knows exactly who Rhett is but her curiosity about him means that she withholds a vital piece of information about herself from him. As a purely sexual arrangement turns into something much more, she finds it increasingly difficult to come clean to him, but how hard is she willing to fight for him, for them, when things come to a head?

“When you find someone like Ayla, you don’t worry about the fine print. You hold on. You don’t let go. You throw your rules out of the window.”

This story was fab! It had great pace and I pretty much devoured it in a few hours. It was super sexy and lust-filled and a bit angsty. Rhett is just a seething mass of hurt and anger, and Ayla is the outlet for all the emotions he can’t express. She's his oblivion from the unwanted thoughts crowding his mind. Ayla is pretty feisty and definitely holds her own. However, her heart is soft, and her intense feelings and desires for this man, who she’s known for such a short space of time, get her into a bit of a bind and she finds that her deception comes back to bite her. I enjoyed the timeline of the story, and Rhett and Ayla’s journey from deception and betrayal to acceptance, forgiveness and love. 








No comments:

Post a Comment