Wednesday 8 February 2017

Review: How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Ney

The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)


How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Ney



Zeke Daniels isn't just a douchebag; he's an a**hole.

A total and complete jerk, Zeke keeps people at a distance. He has no interest in relationships—most a**holes don’t.

Dating?
Being part of a couple? Nope. Not for him.

He's never given any thought to what he wants in a girlfriend, because he's never had any intention of having one. Shit, he barely has a relationship with his family, and they're related; his own friends don’t even like him.

So why does he keep thinking about Violet DeLuca?
Sweet, quiet Violet—his opposite in every sense of the word.
The light to his dark, even her damn name sounds like rays of sunshine and happiness and shit.

And that pisses him off, too.

Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



A TOP READ 2017!! 

God! I'm IN LOVE with this book!!!! It was an awesome follow up to the first novel, How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours, and a brilliant NA read.

“Something about her big, gentle eyes lighting up with satisfaction and delighted joy does something strange to the pit of my stomach.”

We met Zeke in the first novel and he came across as a mean, unsociable son-of-a-gun. I was definitely intrigued by him because, come on! For someone to be like him, there’s definitely an interesting back story! He’s huge, moody, and seems to hate everyone. Unfortunately, he needs a tutor to pass his biology class but she proves to be a no-show on his first day at the library. His coach then makes him join the local Big Brother programme. He’s this close to being kicked off the wrestling team because of his poor, boorish attitude, and I rather think his coach wanted to teach him a lesson in humanity. 

“Act casual, I remind myself, he is just a guy…An insensitive guy. Intimidating. Cold. Callous. Complicated. The moodiest, broodiest, douchebaggiest guy I have ever met.”

Violet is not precisely a shrinking one but the minute she claps eyes on Zeke, and realises that he’s her student, she lies. She finds him wholly intimidating. However, she has no choice but to tutor him, as that’s what she gets paid to do.

Violet is the complete opposite of the type Zeke normally goes for. However, he finds himself unwillingly captivated by her – her looks, her manner, her kind heart, her sweetness, her aura of happiness. He finds her adorable. She makes him smile and, oh my god, she even makes him laugh!

“Honestly, I don’t know what the f*ck I am actually doing with her. Am I attracted to her? Maybe. Okay, yes, I am. And she’s growing on me every second we spend together.”

The more time Violet spends with Zeke, the more she starts to understand him and what makes him tick. Both have a story to tell, which has shaped them into the people they are today. However, whereas Violet rises above hers, Zeke wallows in his.

This book was everything I hoped it would be! I was laughing out loud, and I had a little sniffle, too. The dynamic between Zeke and Violet was fun to witness. In my eyes, D doesn’t stand for douchebag. D is for dragon because it was like watching a dainty, little fairy taking down a big, broody dragon. 

Lord, Zeke was so horrid! LOL. I wanted to break him into little pieces and glue him back together again with frosting because this guy seriously needed some sweetness in his life. Such a fabulous follow up to Oz and Jameson's story - and so good to see them in this novel, too. Can't wait to read whatever will be next in this series or, indeed, this author! 



You can my previously published review of Book 1 - How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours here.

No comments:

Post a Comment