Thursday 2 February 2017

Review: Wrong by Jana Aston

Wrong (Wrong, #1)


Wrong by Jana Aston


I have a history of picking the wrong guy. Gay? Player? Momma’s boy? Check, check and check.

Now I can’t stop fantasizing about one of the customers at the coffee shop I work at between classes. It’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s not like I ever see this guy outside of the coffee shop. It’s not like I’m going to see him while attempting to get birth control at the student clinic. While wearing a paper gown. While sitting on an exam table. Because he’s the doctor. Shoot. Me.

But what if, for once, the man I’ve had the dirtiest, most scandalous fantasies about turned out to be everything but wrong?


Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Oh my! I adored this book! I was only a few pages in and I was already laughing! 

I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s writing style – it was refreshing, humorous, fun, and SUPER sexy!

Sophie is sweet but her love life has been unlucky up to now, and she hasn’t managed to get rid of her V-card, yet. Having been the child of a teenage parent, she’s paranoid about getting pregnant, so has been biding her time. However, when she discovers that her latest crush is her gynaecologist at the student clinic, even her best friends can’t dispute how wrong that is! After her visit to the clinic, it seems that she keeps bumping into Dr Luke Miller everywhere he goes, and he seems to be rescuing her in one way or another.

“I can’t stop thinking about you, Sophie…You’re too young for me. You’re sweet and unspoiled…I should leave you the f*ck alone, let you find someone more sensible, but I feel selfish about you.”

Luke is a lot older than her, wealthy, experienced, and pretty serious. However, under his seriousness is a freak in the sheets, who likes a touch of kink! Not the type to call the next day, he finds that he can’t get sweet, innocent Sophie out of his mind, and so begins a new relationship between them, where Sophie has to contend with a face from Luke’s past, as well as his obnoxious parents.

As I’ve mentioned, this book was really funny, hot as hell, had a great storyline, and the delivery was eminently readable. There was a touch of angst and I must admit that I did swoon once or twice, especially when Sophie makes an adorable little discovery towards the end of the story. I loved the epilogue from Luke’s POV. Fabulous read!

Claire's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I was very apprehensive when I started reading Wrong, mainly because I had heard such good things about it and was in the middle of a reading slump and really needed something good to pull me out of it. I was really worried after all the hype that I might end up disappointed!

Wrong is about university student Sophie, who has had no luck with love and always picks the wrong guys to date! You cannot help but to love Sophie, she is so down to earth and funny and when she develops a crush on a customer in the Grind Me coffee shop where she works, the chance meeting at her gynecologist appointment is every woman's worst nightmare but made for a hilarious read!

Then you have Luke! The sexy, older man who cannot help but fall for Sophie's innocent charm and I can imagine that every woman would like to be able to dive in this book for their own chance with Luke! 

Overall this book was fantastic! I couldn't put it down and was reading every moment I had spare. It completely pulled me out of my reading slump and I loved it! The authors writing style was so good it just kept you reading and wanting to know what would happen next!

No comments:

Post a Comment