Monday 13 March 2017

NEW RELEASE & Review: Don't Hold Back by Missy Johnson

Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts #4)


Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts #4) by Missy Johnson


Three countries. 
Two months. 
All expenses paid. 
Just you and me. 

About you: You’re fun loving, adventurous and you have a wicked sense of humor. You’re spontaneous, open minded and creative. You live for today because you never know what tomorrow holds. 

I'm Erin and this isn't your usual Craigslist Ad. I’m twenty-four, and full disclosure, I’m dying. But I don’t want your pity. What I want is your help. I’m not looking for a nanny, or for someone to hold my hand. I want a friend, a confidante, a partner in crime. 

I want you. 

Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


“Our story has a happy ending because it began in the first place.”


Be ready! This is a heart-wrenching, emotional read.

“Nobody is guaranteed a life till they’re ninety. It’s rough that you know you don’t have much time left, but that’s how we all should be living anyway, right?”

When Erin finds out that she only has months to live, she decides that she wants to live her life to the full by travelling for two months to the other side of the world, and seeing all the things she hasn’t had time to see, yet. Instead of taking her family, for lots of reasons, she decides that she wants to go with a complete stranger.

Cade has issues of his own and when the opportunity to escape them presents itself, he grabs it with both hands.

“Why am I falling in love with someone just before I’m gone? Is it not bad enough that I’m twenty-four and dying? I had to fall in love, knowing I’m going to lose him?”

What starts off as an epic trip with an adventurous partner turns into something neither expected. Something life-changing, fulfilling, yet incredibly painful.

Since reading the blurb, I knew, going in, that this story was going to hurt me, but it was a beautiful read about two people who were essentially running away from their problems. My heart feels so heavy yet, at the same time, happy that Cade and Erin found each other and had such a massive impact on each other’s lives. This story had all the feels – despair, fear, anger, hope, love, forgiveness, and even a bit of humour! It deals with the big issue of dying and death but, ultimately, it is hugely life-affirming.


No comments:

Post a Comment