Friday 31 March 2017

RELEASE: Taking Chances by Laura Farr

Taking Chances


When Libby Davis loses her best friend in a tragic accident, she can’t find a way through the grief and guilt that consumes her. Desperate to escape the memories that are stopping her from moving on, she visits her Aunt and Uncle on their ranch in Texas.

There she meets Mason Walker, a sexy ranch hand with a mysterious past, and a reputation he wants to leave behind. Despite her reluctance, sparks fly between the two of them, igniting feeling that neither have ever known before.

When someone from Mason’s past starts to cause trouble, will Libby be willing to take a chance on love, or will her already damaged heart not allow her to? 






Laura Farr lives in Wolverhampton in the UK, with her husband and two children. When she isn’t working, reading or being a Mummy, she is pursuing her dream of writing.


Claire's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

4.5 stars

I first knew of Laura through the Four Brits Book Fest signing group and when I knew she had written her own book I was keen to see what it was like. As I have self-published myself I am always keen to help other authors if I can, as publishing a book can be very daunting. As well as reviewing an arc, I have also purchased the paperback as it really is an amazing book!

For a debut novel, this book is amazing! The writing is great and the storyline pulls you right in and keeps you reading till the very last page. The characters are well developed and believable and you actually feel as if you know them personally and are in the story watching everything unfold.

Libby has had a tough time when she leaves her home to stay with her Aunt in Texas, but she needs to get away to help re-find herself and to let other people in, who she did in the form of sexy ranch hand Mason!

My only issue I had was the attitude of Libby's parents, who seemed way too happy to give their blessing to Libby being in love with Mason after two weeks. Being a parent myself and knowing how my own parents were with me, this just seemed too unrealistic from my personal experiences, but this may just be my issue.

I'm really excited to see what Laura comes up with next and wish her all the luck in the word as publishing is so hard!

This really was a fab, easy going read! Definitely, recommend that you grab a drink and snuggle down with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment