Sunday 12 March 2017

RECENT RELEASE & Review: The Wingman by Natasha Anders

The Wingman


The Wingman by Natasha Anders


She was supposed to be his one-night distraction. But their attraction is undeniable.

Introverted Daisy McGregor is used to being a wallflower, but what she lacks in style, she makes up for with an acerbic wit, a passion for life, and a deep devotion to her family. So she’ll suffer through her sister Dahlia’s bachelorette party and accept the cloud of pity for going stag to the wedding.

Out at the pub, sexy bad boy Mason Carlisle is a reluctant wingman tasked with entertaining Daisy while his brother flirts with her oldest sister, Daffodil. When the plan fails and Mason’s true intent is revealed, he feels intense guilt—and a sensual spark of desire for the unlikeliest of women.

Daisy decides to use this unfortunate encounter to her advantage: to make it up to her, Mason will be another kind of wingman, playing the role of her boyfriend and wedding date. Will their ruse unravel completely—or will Mason and Daisy’s undeniable attraction ignite a scorching love affair that knows no rules?

Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Oh, wow! Loved this story! It tickled my funny bone, tugged at my heartstrings, and stirred up the butterflies in my tummy! 

“Mason Carlisle was something of a unicorn around these parts: a mythical, wondrous, and beautiful creature.”

Mason, ex-SAS/ex-underwear model/ex-bodyguard to the stars, is back home after being absent for 13 years. When he gets roped into being his brother’s wingman, he finds himself unexpectedly intrigued by a woman that the whole damn town has deemed to be frumpy and plain.

“He had felt seriously punch drunk and wrong-footed from the moment he’d met this woman, and it made him both uncomfortable and ridiculously lighthearted.”

Daisy, known all her life as the ‘other’ McGregor sister – not the ‘pretty’ one, not the ‘cute’ one, just the ‘other’ one. She’s completely flummoxed by Mason’s attention, until she finds out exactly why he was paying her any attention. However, when she comes up with the perfect way he can make it up to her, she then begins to have doubts and wonders if she’s bitten off more than she can chew. Unfortunately, Mason is determined to follow through with their plan, embellishing it as they go along. He knows he’s not relationship material but his growing desire for Daisy starts to rule his life, and he finds himself constantly thinking of nothing else but her. 

I really loved this book! I thought it was humorous and pretty sexy! I loved how Mason really saw Daisy – that beneath her frumpiness she was a little sexy bombshell, who was funny, intelligent, and charmingly innocent. I loved how she took him by surprise, making him feel things that he never expected to feel, and pushing his good intentions and self-restraint to the limit. And, god! I just adored how beautiful he made Daisy feel with his words and his physical desire for her. 

“Everything…I see my whole f*cking world, Daisy. I see all my days, my weeks, and my years. Every season of my life. All spent with you. I see everything I want, need, and desire all wrapped up in you.” - YES! I totally SWOONED!!

This was a gorgeous read about self-perception and self-worth, and how true love, found in the most unexpected of places, can change that. I thoroughly recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment