Tuesday 25 April 2017

NEW 0.99 RELEASE & REVIEW: The Perfect Illusion by Winter Renshaw


The Perfect Illusion


The Perfect Illusion by Winter Renshaw



It’s only pretend…

And it’s only three months.

I’m in the midst of scrawling “I QUIT!” onto his fancy cardstock letterhead when my boss corners me. He needs a favor, he says. And then he asks how well I can act …

Hudson Rutherford needs a fiancée.

With his old-moneyed parents forcing him to marry some bratty hotel heiress and his hedonistic, playboy lifestyle at stake, the only way to get them to back off is to make them think he’s truly, madly, deeply in love … with me—his third personal assistant this year.

But I can hardly stand working for him as it is.

Hudson is crazy hot and well-aware. He’s arrogant, spoiled, and silver-spooned. He checks me out when he thinks I’m not looking, and his life is a revolving door of beautiful women. Plus, he can’t even pronounce my name correctly—how’s he going to convince his family he’s in love with me?!

I’m seconds from giving him a resounding “no” when he flashes his signature dimpled smirk and gives me a number that happens to contain a whole mess of zeroes …

On second thought, I think I can swallow my pride.

But, oh baby, there’s one thing I haven’t told him, one teensy-tiny thing that could make this just a hair complicated …

Here’s hoping this entire thing doesn’t explode in our faces.


Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



The thing I love about this author is that her books are always eminently readable. There's usually a great balance of story, sex, and characterisation that always make them fab reads.

"If I wasn't so busy hating Hudson, I'd probably find his intense passion kind of sexy..."

Maribel Collins is at the end of her tether. She just cannot stand her arrogant, insufferable, albeit gorgeous, asshole of a boss (who NEVER gets her name right) any longer and, therefore, hands in her resignation letter.

"I'd always thought of Mari as somewhat of a quiet storm; assertive, beautiful, and potentially destructive if not properly handled."

Hudson Rutherford surprises the hell out of his PA by making a shocking proposition. No matter how much she hates him, she can't refuse the reward for accepting his proposal. 

As they navigate the waters of their fake relationship, they start getting to know one another beyond their professional relationship, and Mari is pleasantly surprised by the real Hudson beneath the polished facade. However, when sexual attraction sparks hotly between them, they have to be careful that the line between fake and real doesn't blur, and turn what they have into something somewhat more complicated, especially when their newfound feelings are tested by unexpected revelations.

This was a fab story. I loved the dynamic between Hudson and Mari. I loved the sexy chemistry and verbal banter between them. Mari is nobody's fool and doesn't back down from a challenge. She takes everything in her stride. I loved how she handled Hudson with her directness and smart mouth. Hudson is on something of a journey. He is carrying a few scars from his past that has shaped the person he is now, and Mari is the catalyst to the change in him and his outlook on life. I loved how much he came to care for her, and how hard he fought for her and a future together. Well worth a read!



No comments:

Post a Comment