Saturday 22 April 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Cocky Genius: Ethan Cocker by Faleena Hopkins


Cocky Genius: Ethan Cocker (Cocker Brothers of Atlanta Book 9)



Cocky Genius: Ethan Cocker (Cocker Brothers of Atlanta #9) by Faleena Hopkins



CHARLIE REED 
I feel clammy. On edge. 
I want to hit him or kiss him and neither is appropriate. 
After all, I'm his boss. 
Between you and me... 
I've got quite a few things 
I'd like to order this cocky genius to do 
But my grandpa didn’t raise no fools. 


ETHAN COCKER 
You want to know how intelligent I am? 
I know you’re reading this, that’s how smart I am. 
I've been hired to save Wyntech Industries from a hacker. 
But I don't need the money. 
Unless it's to throw from my private jet as confetti. 
I'm doing this job only for the fun of it. 
Until I lock eyes with a redheaded princess who treats me like a pauper. 
See I thought Charlie Reed, CEO of Wyntech, would be a man. 
So she doesn't like me much. 
Maybe you can help me change that... 

_________________ 


'Cocky Genius: Ethan' is a stand-alone romance in the hit series 'Cocker Brothers of Atlanta' about six bad boy brothers, and now their amazing kids grown up years later. This series is carefully written so that any book can be enjoyed first. 

* Ethan is the eldest son of Jake Cocker from Cocky Roomie (Book 1). You can read this book first and not spoil an ounce of the story.



Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 


“I stared at her and knew in that instant that I was going to make Charlotte Reed fall in love with me.”

Ethan Cocker, gorgeous billionaire genius, has a new contract to shut down a hacker and plug leaks at multi-million dollar corporation, Wyntech. When he meets a sexy redhead in the break room, they get off on completely the wrong foot. Her coldness and scathing tongue brings out his cockiness, as well as has his libido rising. What he doesn’t know is that she’s the CEO, Charlotte (AKA Charlie) Reed. 

“I was beginning to believe our chemistry wasn’t normal, that something real might be happening to us, and it was tempting to follow my instinct but I wasn’t that brave.”

Charlie is blown away by Ethan’s sexiness but she needs him to get her company back on track, and the board off her back, even if he is a sexist slob. However, when she’s challenged to a bet and he totally dazzles her with his efforts, the chemistry between them heats up. A woman who’s looking for long-term commitment, she throws caution to the wind for a fling with him. But, what she hadn’t bargained on was them making a deeper connection.

So, this story started off somewhat unusually, and I’ll be honest and say that I was a little thrown by the device used and didn’t really love it. However, when we get into the main story, I thought it was funny and really sexy, with great snappy dialogue, hot scenes, and a solid storyline with an unexpected twist. 

Ethan is so confident in his own skin and completely irreverent – he’s so cocky and his conversation is outrageous! LOL. Charlie is a woman in her late 20s but with an old-fashioned air about her. Her upbringing was pretty rigid and she really needed someone like Ethan to bring out the real, more down-to-earth Charlie from beneath her classic, elegant façade. I’m extremely partial to smart men with smart mouths, and Ethan definitely had me swooning! 

It was wonderful to see all the Cocker family again and I just can’t wait for the next book in the series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment