Sunday 23 April 2017

REVIEW: Neanderthal Marries Human by Penny Reid


Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)


Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City #1.5) by Penny Reid


There are three things you should know about Quinn Sullivan: 
1) He is madly in love with Janie Morris, 
2) He’s not above playing dirty to get what (or who) he wants, and 
3) He doesn’t know how to knit.

After just five months of dating Janie, Quinn—former Wendell and unapologetic autocrat—is ready to propose marriage. In fact, he’s more than ready. If it were up to Quinn, he would efficiently propose, marry, and beget Janie with child all in the same day—thereby avoiding the drama and angst that accompanies the four stages of pre-matrimony: engagement, meeting the parents, bachelor/bachelorette party, and overblown, superfluous wedding day traditions. But Janie, much to Quinn’s dismay, tosses a wrench in his efficacious endeavors and challenges him to prove his devotion by going through the matrimonial motions, no matter how minute and mundane.

Will Quinn last until the wedding day? Or will he yield to his tyrant impulses?

Regardless, one thing is for certain, Quinn Sullivan will have to learn to expect the Spanish Inquisition (i.e. the unexpected) if he plans to have and keep Janie Morris as his wife.


This book is not a standalone. It is the sequel to ‘Neanderthal Seeks Human,’ it is book #1.5 in the ‘Knitting in the City’ series, and it is a full length, 100k word novel.

Again, you must read ‘Neanderthal Seeks Human’ first before reading this book.

This book is written in first person, alternating POV (Janie Morris AND Quinn Sullivan; but more Janie than Quinn).


Caroline's Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Oh, my! Totally adored this sequel to Neanderthal Seeks Human! And, even better, we got to hear Quinn’s ‘voice’, too.

“Even after five months of dating, I always felt a little helpless and flustered by his presence.”

Janie and Quinn have been dating for five months now. They’re currently in London on a business trip. However, Quinn appears to be caught up in meetings more than he planned and when he is with Janie, he’s behaving more aloof than usual, especially when he plans a surprise trip to a historic London tourist spot. The reason for his odd behaviour soon becomes very clear.

“I belong to her, and I am completely screwed, because I want her ownership. I want her to use me. I want to give her everything. I wouldn’t have a problem getting a tattoo that reads Property of Janie Sullivan.”

Knowing that Janie would be skittish about a marriage proposal, Quinn forges ahead, and then finds himself in serious negotiations about the wedding date – all to pander to Janie’s desire to experience the lows and the highs in a relationship before they finally tie the knot. 

“We smiled at each other for a beat, all of the earlier distracted aloofness evaporated from his eyes and expression. We shared such a lovely moment of silent staring that my mind cleared, I stopped thinking, and all I felt was warm and loved.”

This novel was just WONDERFUL! I read the first novel two years ago and have only just gotten round to reading this sequel. I wish I hadn’t waited!! I yearned to read Quinn’s POV in the first book, as he was such an inscrutable character, so it was brilliant to hear his voice. And, this guy is seriously swoonworthy! His lust, love, protectiveness, and possessiveness of Janie makes me melt. He puts her first. He CANNOT wait to make her his wife. Furthermore, he wants to belong to her. Janie is just so flippin’ adorable! She’s so intelligent, weird, and wonderful. Her heart is big, her knowledge is wide, and her shoe collection is to die for! LOL

“You have an incendiary effect on me, and I’m quite uncomfortably aroused right now. Your biometrics might be completely unaffected by my presence, but all you have to do is call me Kitten and I experience vasomotor symptoms.”

Their connection is unique and their mutual attraction is alluring and so irresistible! Quinn understands her so well and is just so delighted and aroused by her sexy brain. Janie strives to do good and make everyone in her life happy. This was a fun and hilarious tale about the weeks leading up to the wedding, with lots of witty dialogue, and plenty of trials and tribulations to push Quinn’s patience to the limit. But, there were also plenty of heartwarming and swoony moments. I’m dying for a ‘Neanderthal Has Human Baby’ book! LOL 





No comments:

Post a Comment